Turnover question (inaccurate pass caught by team-mate)

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

The rules are sometimes like chinese whispers, after you've played a few games without checking the manual they kinda change in your head!
For example i forgot you could catch the ball after fumbles and throwins and not suffer a turn over, i've lost SOME games due to that i believe!

Reason: ''
Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shadow_Dragon wrote:For example i forgot you could catch the ball after fumbles and throwins and not suffer a turn over, i've lost SOME games due to that i believe!
If you catch the ball after a fumble, it is a turnover.

Crowd trow-ins still result in a turnover if the ball went out of play due to a fumble or failed pick-up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Getting Jervis and Andy to PLAY THE GAME!!!

Post by Darkson »

Smeborg wrote:Thanks guys.

I learned my lesson - don't ask Andy (or Jervis for that matter) for a rules ruling. I should have either solved the problem myself, or called for someone like Brian StJames. Luckily the lesson came for free.

I think the comment about Andy is a bit harsh. However, it does seem to me that both Jervis and Andy may not be playing the game nowadays, and so they can't see play balance or rules issues with blinding force. For example, I think the strength of opinion against Star Players came as a surprise to Jervis - it wouldn't be a surprise if he played with them!

I hope that the non-GW BBRC members (plus the NAF) can exercise some influence over the future of the game (epecially in play balance - influence over rules seems to be there already).

Meanwhile, is there anything the BBRC (and others) can do to get Jervis and Andy to PLAY THE GAME?!?!?!

Cheers
Maybe we should ask them to join a PBeM league :lol:

I'd bw quite happy to play either of them at TT if they wanted to come down to my local shop.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Darkson wrote:If you catch the ball after a fumble, it is a turnover.
He's right: a fumbled pass-roll always results in a turnover, regardless what happens/who catches the ball afterwads.

This is also valid for TTM: if you fumble your TTM-pass roll it's a turnover even if the thrown Gobo/Fling did not have the ball.

Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

Sorry bad words, i meant failed catch not fumble!

Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon