Wild Animal

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I've always thought that it was perfectly legal to declare no action if the player is not adjacent to opposition.

Is my understanding wrong here?

Reason: ''
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

According to the rule review, all action must be declared.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!
So declare a Move action, and move him 0 squares?
You don't have to do anything with him if he is not adjacent to an opposing player!
"...if you take an action with Wild Animal after having moved a player that is not a Wild Animal, then your opponent calls you for illegal procedure exactly as if you had forgotten to move the turn marker."

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

On 2002-04-02 17:27, Deathwing wrote:
AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!
So declare a Move action, and move him 0 squares?
You don't have to do anything with him if he is not adjacent to an opposing player!
"...if you take an action with Wild Animal after having moved a player that is not a Wild Animal, then your opponent calls you for illegal procedure exactly as if you had forgotten to move the turn marker."
Sidenote: I'm assuming it should read...
"...if you take an action with Wild Animal after taking an action with a player that is not a Wild Animal, then your opponent calls you for illegal procedure exactly as if you had forgotten to move the turn marker."
Just playing the pedant! :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2002-04-02 17:35 ]</font>

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Sorry if I wasn't clear, guys. What I heard was, "I'll declare 'no action' even if my Rat Ogre is standing next to an opponent at the start of my turn."

If you want to "do nothing" with him after that, just declare a Move action and stand there. For added effect, turn him side to side as if he's scanning the field for his mum :wink:

-C.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Seems very good :smile:

Moosifer
Rookie
Rookie

It is rules lawyering...

Post by Moosifer »

To do the trick with the WA, but compare it to the rules for the goblin fanatic (you must move forst, if you don't then you can get called for IP). Just please make sure this is cleared up completly.

The majority of the time it's not the using the player later in the turn that's the problem, it's having to use him first.

And that's why Trolls are better than Minatours on Chaos Dwarf teams :P