Before or After...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DamnDirtyApe
Rookie
Rookie

Before or After...

Post by DamnDirtyApe »

I keep reading that you can choose to use the +1 from Mighty Blow before or after you roll the armor check (that is if you don't need it for the armor, it will be applied to the injury roll). However, I cannot find this anywhere in the LRB (ver 2.0). Is it in the LRB, but I am missing it? Is this even an "official" rule, or just a variant that everybody likes?

Also, does "before or after" the roll apply to any other skills (ex. Dirty Player).

Anyhow let me know.

- DDA

Reason: ''
slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

Here it is:

LRB ver 2 page 15

Many players have skills such as catch, pass etc. Unless
stated otherwise in the skill description you never have
to use a skill just because the player's got it, and you can
choose to use a skill that affects a dice roll after rolling
the dice
. For example, you could say you were going to
use the Catch skill either before or after making a Catch
dice roll.

Licensed Rules Lawyer
DamnDirtyApe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DamnDirtyApe »

Yes, I did see that. But since that was in the Re-rolls section of the rules, I thought that they were specifically speaking to those skills which allow rerolls (catch, pass, pro, etc). Also, the only examples they give also uses reroll skills (catch and pro).

I hope that they make this more clear in future versions of the LRB. Just adding an example of a skill that adds/subtracts to the die roll would suffice. For instance:

... and you can choose to use a skill that affects a dice roll after rolling the dice. For example, you could say you were going to use the Catch skill either before or after making a Catch dice roll. Another example would be when rolling an armor check, you could choose where to use the +1 from Mighty Blow after seeing the results of the roll

Or something like that...

BTW - I assume then that this applies to Dirty Player and Diving Tackle as well?

slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

Yes, and piling on and stand firm.

Licensed Rules Lawyer