Jump up

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

habasta
Veteran
Veteran

Jump up

Post by habasta »

Is it possible to make a blitz with jump up without an AG roll +2?
In our league one of the players mean that you can jump up and blitz. Only on a block you have to do an AG roll +2.

Whats right?

Reason: ''
Perhaps i take bones, no dices
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Yes, you can jump up and blitz, the Agility roll is only if you want to block after jumping up.

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

When Blitzing it just helps you by not costing 3 MV, its free to stand up.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Re: Jump up

Post by landrover »

With apologies for the thread necromancy here, I just need this clarified.

And yes, before any mods jump on me, I've used the search function, read through 31 pages of finds, and checked the CRP and all other references I can before posting. :wink:

Are the following correct?

A player with Jump Up can choose to block an adjacent player. It would not cost any MA to stand and the action could be completed provided that the player makes an AG roll adding 2 to the roll.

A player with Jump Up can make a blitz action. It would not cost any MA to stand up and the action could be completed without any AG roll being necessary?

(my italics).

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

that is correct, move and blitz actions you can stand up without the agility roll and it won't cost you 3 MA, for block actions you have to do the agility roll with +2 bonus

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Thanks 'dook. Is there any thoughts (fluff-wise) as to why this might be?

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
trentusdementus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trentusdementus »

I always thought of it like your blitz action was your "super" action.
You can move and attack.
And you only get one of them.

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

Grumbledook wrote:for block actions you have to do the agility roll with +2 bonus
It's worth bearing in mind that if you fail the AG+2 roll then the player remains prone, though, so it's not a risk-free option.

BBoing! is NOT bback! - see here for details
SChWiNG - The Society of Chainsaw Wielding Naughty Goblins - needs you!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well its harder to "jump up" and immediately hit someone

compared to jumping up and then then moving to hit someone

of course this doesn't work if you are hitting someone at the start of the action

but then I don't care about fluff fitting the rules if it means the rule works, see interceptions before pass rolls for example

landrover
Legend
Legend

Post by landrover »

Ok, happy now with things fluff-wise, but one final clarification:

If I declare a blitz and use Jump Up, but my player hits the opponent in the adjacent square, do I have to roll a 2+?

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you don't have to roll if you are doing a blitz action...

... only block actions

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

If this helps...

You may declare a Block action instead of moving, which lets you block but doesn't let you do anything else (well, you can follow...). If you declare a Block action when prone, you just do nothing. But if you have Jump Up you may make an AG roll at +2 to stand for free before blocking.

You may declare a Blitz, Hand-Off, Pass or Foul action instead of a move or a block. A Blitz lets you block, but it's not a Block action. If you're prone, you may declare one of these actions: just like a Move, it costs three squares to stand unless you have Jump Up.

A block is not a Block action. A Block action usually includes a block, but not necessarily: one could just do nothing. A block tends to happen on a Block action, but not always: the most common exception is the Blitz action, but it's possible to block on a Move action if you're a Ball and Chain type. Jump Up cares what kind of action you're performing, not what you're doing with it. Much like Wild Animal: if you haven't blitzed and your Wild Animal is in the clear, you can pass to him, declare a blitz, roll a 2+, and rush in a TD. Similarly, you can't declare a Blitz and use Grab on a non-SS player in your TZ before (or even instead of) moving, while you very much can do so with Horns or Juggernaut.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

A player with Jump Up can choose to block an adjacent player. It would not cost any MA to stand and the action could be completed provided that the player makes an AG roll adding 2 to the roll.
In the AG roll to block do we care about tackle zones ?

slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

Nope

Licensed Rules Lawyer
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

I thought that all AG roll follow the tackle zone modifiers.

For exemple, the leap rule specify an exception for AG roll. This exception doesn't occur in jump up...

ps. I am new in your forum. I come from Switzerland and I am member of a small BB league named LBBO (sorry for my english, I speak usualy french) :
http://ouroborosbb.forumactif.com/forum.htmImage

Your forum is a realy good reference for BB thank you.