Just a quick view of work in progress

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Just a quick view of work in progress

Post by Colin »

Here are some picks of some minis I have been working on, all have been converted in some way (usually by removing weapons), all are from the Heresy range of minis.
This is the Heresy Thrud I converted to use for BB. Looks better than the GW version IMO.

This is the Heresy ogre I converted (looks kinda like DW with that mohawk :wink: )

Heresy Mino Lord I converted for my Norse team to use. The guy being ripped apart looked a little to fantasy like so decided to make fig look more BBish. Had some extra chaos bitz and figured that Norse would be a good rival for a chaos team so did up the fig to look like a BB chaos mutant being ripped apart by "Da Rippa".

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

Good idea with thrud, a lot more muscular, kind of more in keeping with thrud's in game ST value.
Mino lord has a lot of agression going on there, tempted to try something similar but putting a gutter runner or witch elf in place. But hey, that would be too much like self gratification at the thought of my oponents top score player getting ripped in half.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Ah, I bought Manbane and the Ogre some months ago and they're waiting to be painted... great figures. Bought also two FF Boris'
If only I had time to work on them.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Love that minotaur. Wish I had a use for one. Would like to see the victim made into a ref though.

Good work Torg can't wait to see them painted.

ImageImage
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Torg attacks strictly-limited-to-500-now-unavailable collector's piece in weapon snip shocker! :o

Not disparaging your conversion work or anything, but something that limited that comes with a certificate and everything? I just couldn't bring myself to hack it around...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Yeah, it came with a certificate, but so what, I wasn't planning on reselling it, I want it to play BB with (now it is truely unique). :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Don't worry about it Torg. I cut the feather off the top of a GD2000 Kroxigor because I had 2 and I didn't want a duplicate.

Have fun!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Heh, I brought 2 of the Thrudd mini's, one just to convert to BB.

It's great seeing the faces some people pull when they realise a fig's converted from a lmt ed. Mate has a Chaos Vet Sargeant converted from the LotD figure. Should have seen the faces on the GW staffer when he realised what it was :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

even though I wouldn't have hacked bits off myself I have to admit the weapon snip for Thrud is pretty tidy - have you resculpted any fingers of angything?

I wouldn't have mounted him on that base though, not many knee high boulders on a BB field ;)

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Thrud looks great!! And I REALLY like the mino. It has the same killer feel as the 2nd ed two part mino, that IMO some of the later miniatures don't.

Ziggi

bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

Yes, Thrud looks as he should - muscular, brutal, cool.
...but that mino... Its truly amazing. :o :D

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

:oops: Forgot to mention, they look good. :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

although I too would be reluctant to hack up a ltd edition mini, you do appear to have done a decent job, especially with the axe hand. I'd not have used that base myself though, as it's not often you get knee high boulders on a BB field!

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

DW wrote
Torg attacks strictly-limited-to-500-now-unavailable collector's piece in weapon snip shocker!

Not disparaging your conversion work or anything, but something that limited that comes with a certificate and everything? I just couldn't bring myself to hack it around...

Oooh er... I did exactly the same thing! Sorry I just play BB and am not that bothered about limited editions!

Dave

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Some awesome looking conversions there. I always thought that the minotaur would be a great BB fig. Almost broke down and bought the ogre during the sale last month, but bought the sculpting tools instead. I bought a Thrudd also, but can't bring myself to cut him up. He's getting painted as he is.... When I have time