Painting team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

When you're painting a team...

You try to make it the closest to the BB teams
7%
You are under Milan AC, Lakers, 49ers influence
9%
You want to make your own colour scheme
83%

Total votes: 54

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Painting team

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hi guys,

I'm painting a norsemen team, and I'm planning to start my (very bad) paint job for the summer (I will try to make a team per 15 days). I tried to make it the closest to the BB teams: painting orcs like gouged eye, and orcland raiders, painting humans like reikland reavers, etc...

I started this norsemen team, and I realized it's funny to make them with "reality teams" schemes... For this norsemen, I will do something near "Olympique de Marseille" soccer team (white and a clear blue)... It looks really good (except the paintjob itself :lol: :lol: )...

So I would be happy to know what about your painting ways:

1/ Are you painting it like BB teams ?
2/ Are you under "reality" influence (footbal, soccer, basketball, ...) ?
3/ Have you got your own painting schemes ?

(I never made a poll before, so I'm not sure it will work)

Reason: ''
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Definitely try and make my own designs, at the moment i'm painting the Valkyrie Figs. They are going to be called S&M, therefore black leather and chains etc. Led by their star player Naked Friday.

You may need to edit the poll as only two options have come up.

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

I like to make my own and use official team colours.

For example my current league team, The Slaaneshi All-Stars are purple and pink where as I'm painting up a Dark Elf team to look like the Darkside Cowboys.

I do prefer homegrown teams but the old 'fluff' teams can be fun too.

TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Why should anyone want to paint his team like Milan AC!!??? I could understand it if you'd like to paint it like Real Madrid FC (ok, little joke on that, but none of you have said anything about the Champions League untill now)

I preffer to come up with my own colour schemes, but i have tried to paint the plastic minis that come with the boxed set as classic BB teams .. not ghouled eye, but those in white with red and blue triangle pattern .. (can't remember the teams' name ... )

I once painted a team of undead for a friend, and they where finally in dark blue and yellow, which made a nasty effect on greenesh ghouls' rotten flesh ..

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

White shirts, blue shorts and white socks.....

Come on you Spurs! :D

Dave

scrollmaster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by scrollmaster »

I don't know the norse team minis that well, but from what I can see on the GW site they show a whole lot of skin.

Maybe you should consider using that instead. Simply keep the clothing in brownish colours and then have tatoos or warpaint on their bodies and use that to show their team alliance.

Or you could base the colour schems on a story about some Norse who traveled to a warm part of the warhammer world and then pain all their clothes in tiger og zebra stripes

[url=http://www.scrollmaster.net]www.scrollmaster.net[/url] - Location: London, UK
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Own Teams

Post by NightDragon »

To me one of the aspects of BB is being able to do things like designing your own team, its colours, history, names, sponsors, owners, stadium, fanzines etc. Originality is best in my opinion. Mind you D.Dave your taste in colours is awful. Claret and Blue, much better.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Mine is always my own scheme.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

I mostly make up my own,I do have an Orc team painted as The Gouged Eye,but they were the first ones I did in 3rd edition.
I'm thinking about painting sponsors logos on the next team I do.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

welcome back...

when i paint a team i'll occasionally make their uniforms reference a real life team, but only when i've named the team as a reference to a real-life team... for instance, the Runtherds, my long-lost orc team, were painted in the colors of the dallas cowboys, my last undead team, ashen villa, purple and blue, of course, my favorite elf team was claret and blue (beat spurs!)... usually, i just paint them either red or green, or red and green, i seem to lack imagination...

iron chef kosher
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I have tended to keep some of the classic names, but tinkered with their uniforms. I did tha gouged eye pretty faithful to the design, but I also have the orcland raiders. For the raiders, I absolutely had to paint them up to resemble the NFL raiders, so they have black tunics under silver mail, and their helmets are silver with a black line down the middle. I hope to get raider decals to put on the side of a few helmets (I think it would look good on the thrower particularly). I painted up the Averland Knights, but I didn't go with a green helmet, I went with silver. I had some freedom for my high elf galadrieth gladiators, since I've never seen a picture of them, and went with a deep maroon. I just picked up Dwarves and Dark Elves, and I think I'm going to be unique. Right now I think (I can't decide) that the Dwarves will be called either Bugman's Beer Barons, or Bugman's Beer Bellies, and I know I will use gold and another color (undecided). Dark Elves might be named the Grim Reapers (or just Reapers) and of course will be black, but I don't know what to use for their second color. Suggestions?

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

lawquoter wrote:Dark Elves might be named the Grim Reapers (or just Reapers) and of course will be black, but I don't know what to use for their second color. Suggestions?
I reckon Black and Purple would look awesome.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

McDeth,

I like the new mug shot! :lol:

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Dark Elves go best in Black and Hot Pink. Especially the Witch Elves ;)

-Chet

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

For example my current league team, The Slaaneshi All-Stars are purple and pink
Hahahah last night I was thinking the exact same thing :)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/