BB 2003 free mini

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BB 2003 mini - love it or hate it?

I love it!
5%
It's OK - would have preferred a player
12%
A bit crap really
46%
We should have got that AND a player
37%

Total votes: 41

boondog
Star Player
Star Player

You're right!

Post by boondog »

Tim, a lot of good & valid points. Completely agree with you. But then, if I remember correctly, the ad said that a figure would be given to all coaches at the tourney "who complete all the games scheduled". Wouldn't this get rid of the problem of kids looking to make a quick buck?
And is it really true that the Resurrection Skaven regularly goes for more than 40 Pound Sterling on e-bay?? I have never seen it, where can I see a piccie? Is it made of gold?

Reason: ''
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

I think people are upset because they expected a Resurrection Skaven (or something equally rare/valuable).

Expectations are a tricky thing. We were extremely lucky to get that figure last year. It was a fluke, but appearantly people came to expect something like that this year. From what I gathered from Andy Hall, that's just not possible. Those Skaven Figures were NOT made to be given away at Resurection. I can't emphasis this enough, those figures were not specially made for that event, so the cost was nil (to the event).

This year the cost of the special prize had to come from the money made by the tournament. There's no way to get a miniature made for the tournament specifically... it would simply cost too much.

At the end of the day, I hope everyone who went throws out their token... because that would make them extremely valuable and I would have the only one left. :o

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

how much would it cost to produce a limited figure for 200 people?

assuming its not too much i would stump up the extra for it

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I've come around! In defence of the coin.....

I chucked it the nitro mors today for an hour, rinsed it off, quick scrub with a toothbrush..and then gave it a polish with some solvol autosol and a cloth for a few minutes.
Y'know what, it's really come up rather well..the pic of the cup is actually very nicely detailed (I'll try and get some pics up)...I'd happily acquire a couple more for sensible prices/trades.

Two main criticisms I see:
Weight: If they were going to produce it, it would have been hardly more expensive to produce it a little thicker and heftier.
Finish: It was rushed and a little shoddy, simple as that. Sort it yourself, it really doesn't take much effort and no skill at all.

To reiterate what I said earlier, it's a unique piece. Res. Gutter Runners have been given away as prizes at various tournies on both sides of the Atlantic. Nice and sought after as they are, they were never an event specific piece in the way the coin is.
Yeah, it could have been heftier and better finished, but it's still a nice little souvenir once you're over the initial disappointment. Expectations were running a little high is all...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

neoliminal wrote:I think people are upset because they expected a Resurrection Skaven (or something equally rare/valuable).

Expectations are a tricky thing. We were extremely lucky to get that figure last year. It was a fluke, but appearantly people came to expect something like that this year. From what I gathered from Andy Hall, that's just not possible. Those Skaven Figures were NOT made to be given away at Resurection. I can't emphasis this enough, those figures were not specially made for that event, so the cost was nil (to the event).

This year the cost of the special prize had to come from the money made by the tournament. There's no way to get a miniature made for the tournament specifically... it would simply cost too much.

At the end of the day, I hope everyone who went throws out their token... because that would make them extremely valuable and I would have the only one left. :o

They never needed new moulds.
They never had to cast up anything special.
They never needed to sculpt and design anything new.

If I had walked away from the tournament with one of the new Elves, figures that were ready designed and could be made quickly, requiring very little extra work - surely they can spare 180 odd of them - I would have been happy. Give away a "Sneak preview" figure. A bog standard lineman. A little exclusive for those of us who were there. In a few months we'll all have them anyway. I guessed those Skaven weren't done for Res seeing as I'd seen the pic on the website months earlier, labelling them as "test figs for new designers". Same applies to the Lizardman Cheerleader.

DON'T promise us an exclusive figure - WHICH THEY DID DO. ITS THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE - and then try and fob us off with something substandard.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.