The Charlotsville Scrumpers!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

The Charlotsville Scrumpers!

Post by JetSwan »

I was lucky enough to get paid around black friday so I managed to grab the Greebo Porcs with a little discount.
I haven't painted anything in about six years so I'm super proud of these little guys. There's more to come and I've got some basing supplies on the way, it's going to be a journey and I can't wait to face off against an opponent using the full team. ^^
Left to right we have a BOB, reroll counter (tiny dice from Flying Tiger, the veggies are sculpting putty), lineorc, team ball and goblin.
IMG_20190105_223856.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: The Charlotsville Scrumpers!

Post by nazgob »

Love them!

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Thank you, Nazgob. :)
Couldn't sleep last night so I tried channelling things into something positive, made some hay bales for the team and tried adding a muddy puddle to one of the bases to see how it would look.
A much better use of iffy energy.
20190121_120355.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Here we are, it's the final team and full display base!
The Charlotsville Scrumpers are a farm themed team so the basing includes muddy puddles, a white picket fence, some hay bales, a few errant flowers and a whole bushel of rogue apples.
Before starting this team I hadn't done anything properly craft-ish for a while so I'm quite proud of this little lot. It's not perfect and I'm certainly no pro but this was still an incredibly amount of fun.
20190312_071728.jpg

nyahoi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nyahoi »

You should definitely be proud of this! That's some great work there, well done!

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Thank you, Nyahoi.

Part of what I like about Blood Bowl is the roleplay element, I tend to agree with the hosts of the Both Down podcast that the game is a lot more fun when you put in the energy to develop your teams character and flavour. So, in that vein of thinking I spent the night before BUBBA Bowl coming up with names for my team players.
The Charlotsville Scrumpers are as such:
1. Breezy Boar -Lineorc
2. Jona Gold -Lineorc
3. Cosmic Crispen -Thrower
4. Lady Alice -Thrower
5. Gala Gala -Blitzer
6. Goldy Delicious -Blitzer
7. Autumn Glory -Blitzer
8. Kiku Kanzi -Blitzer
9. Grandpa Smyth -BOB
10. Braeburny -BOB
11. The Pink Lady -BOB
12. Scronk Honeycrisp -BOB
13. Grovepincher Pipnslip -Goblin
14. Orchard Brachwood -Goblin
15. Hogstrog - Troll

So far Lady Alice has proven herself to be the star of the team, scoring multiple touchdowns and throwing some awful but hilarious passes. If I take this team to a league she'll be getting Leader for sure.

I'm also proud to say that The Charlotsville Scrumpers came 5th out of 36 at BUBBA Bowl VI last Saturday (16/3/18). Very proud of the little piglets, they put in their best and got a great result in return. Many fantastic coaches, a great host, wondeful venue and a final record of 3-0-1 .

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

A big thanks goes out to Ashlynn the artist behind Fake Gamer Girl Comics for creating the new team logo! Sure to show up at an event near you. :wink:
https://twitter.com/fggcomic
https://www.facebook.com/fggcomic/

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

The logo has been added to a mini stand I've made from ice lolly sticks. :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

A few ice lollies suffered for the making of this stand. Looks good!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Ta Da! Makin' badges with friend Frankie. <3
If you play againt me at an upcoming event you'll get an official Charlotsville Scrumpers badge, I'm like a Pokémon Gym Leader except I don't give away HM's.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I love that!

Fingers crossed I'll get one soon.