New Chaos Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New Chaos Team

Post by JetSwan »

Sidenote on the whole Lego thing:
Please keep in mind that having a hardwearing, recognisable, rebuildable and larger scale piece like a Lego minifigure would be very useful for somone with a disability like limited movement or movements spasms. Not the most applicable here but please don't attack the premise on sight, it has it's uses.

Reason: ''
SimonSpank

Post by SimonSpank »

TheAzman wrote:It is personal preference after all. To me, it just seems lazy to take that route when there are so many fantastic minis available for our hobby.
Thank you for your input, but please refrain from calling me lazy. I have many teams, some in various stages of painting, however, i work as many hours at work as i can to provide for me and my family. Maybe think twice before you insult someone on a public forum

:)

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

TheAzman wrote:Eh..... while I personally absolutely detest LEGO teams in Blood Bowl (and other ‘toy’ teams as well: Minions, for example), I wouldn’t tell someone that they couldn’t use them. It is personal preference after all.
I wouldn't tell someone they cannot use them.
I would ask them not to, offering to lend them a team to play if they need one.

If they decline I would apologize and concede.
Not because I feel that they are in some way wrong.
Just because playing against lego is for me a very stressfull and annoying experience.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

SimonSpank wrote:
TheAzman wrote:It is personal preference after all. To me, it just seems lazy to take that route when there are so many fantastic minis available for our hobby.
Thank you for your input, but please refrain from calling me lazy. I have many teams, some in various stages of painting, however, i work as many hours at work as i can to provide for me and my family. Maybe think twice before you insult someone on a public forum

:)
I understand completely about working to support your family. I also work very hard. If you had mentioned that you had many teams, I wouldn’t have been as harsh sounding in my comment. It is my personal OPINION that LEGO teams are lazy. Your opinion differs and that’s ok as well. By all means, enjoy your team. After all, as long as Blood Bowl is being played, everyone wins. :-)

Winning... it beats losing.
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Rolex wrote:
TheAzman wrote:Eh..... while I personally absolutely detest LEGO teams in Blood Bowl (and other ‘toy’ teams as well: Minions, for example), I wouldn’t tell someone that they couldn’t use them. It is personal preference after all.

Just because playing against lego is for me a very stressfull and annoying experience.

I should have said ‘asked’ instead of ‘tell’. My bad. I also think that lending a team is a fantastic idea. Lord knows there are many of us that have a few spare teams.

Although I wouldn’t concede a game against a LEGO team, I would very much be disappointed with it. Now, if the coach of said team seemed cool, it would lessen the blow. Cool opponents always cancel/lessen the negative stuff. :-)

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Oscen wrote:Sidenote on the whole Lego thing:
Please keep in mind that having a hardwearing, recognisable, rebuildable and larger scale piece like a Lego minifigure would be very useful for somone with a disability like limited movement or movements spasms. Not the most applicable here but please don't attack the premise on sight, it has it's uses.
With regards to disabilities, of course it’s fine to use LEGO/similar teams. I think most/all of us would be fine with someone in that position making it easier on themselves. My comment was just my opinion on the matter of LEGO/toy teams in general, but I would 100% be okay with someone who is physically limited using them. Blood Bowl is being played. In the end, regardless of opinion, we win. :-)

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

TheAzman wrote:
I should have said ‘asked’ instead of ‘tell’. My bad. I also think that lending a team is a fantastic idea. Lord knows there are many of us that have a few spare teams.
Quite so.
I currently own 245 Bloodbowl teams, so I end up lending quite a few around for tourneys.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Rolex wrote:
TheAzman wrote:
Quite so.
I currently own 245 Bloodbowl teams, so I end up lending quite a few around for tourneys.

Yeah, I would say that you can cover quite a few people in need. :D :D 8) :wink:

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Some time ago we had a father and his 9 YO son playing in our league for a couple of seasons, and despite them having some "usual" teams, at some point the young one decided to start a human team, and the minis of choice were 40K Chaos Space Marines with jump packs...

It felt awkward for everyone in the league to play against those on the pitch, and it was particularly difficult to tell the unpainted minis apart ("these with a right shoulder pad are..."), but in the end, all we wanted was to have more coaches and more games so no one has told him a thing (except for some "advice/request" for having a color code painted in the minis bases - which he eventually did, improving them very slightly).

Bottom line, I suppose we might had less issues with playing against a LEGO team - with very clear positionals, than against indestinguishable miniatures.

bobster19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bobster19 »

Rolex wrote:

I remember being stressed when up against the Taleban in Afghanistan I was lucky and got a roll on the injury table and missed next game. Unfortunately one of my friends rolled 68 and he was off the roster. Mate if you are stressed about playing a fantasy game against a child’s toy you should maybe take up another game.

I have recently joined the Geordie Blood Bowl League where there are lots of top players. I had a few warm up games against Peo who put me through my paces and got back into it and although only four games into this season it’s been a big learning curve but have been made to feel so welcome by everyone. I didn’t expect to win but have learnt to enjoy the company of these lads, it’s my stress relief knowing I can be a geek for those few hours in very good company. In a recent GBBL league game I played against Simons Lego team and he asked me if I minded as he hadn’t finished painting his team due to being busy at work. I thought it was different and certainly didn’t mind. On the flip side I could have got annoyed and conceded the game like some would do but no I played and thankfully won. It was another great game in Newcastle.

Where do we draw the line, I still have the card pop out teams from when I started playing so shall the traditionalists amongst us ask to go back to those days. I’m awful at painting but love the game and if we meet I’m hoping you get so stressed at the paint job you concede.

I think it’s best to smile, enjoy and remember, whilst playing this fantasy game, you may be losing but no one is shooting at me and no one has died so therefore it’s a good day.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I will not reply.

I think that talking about real life war and death in a topic about a game is extremely out of place.
For due respect to those serious topics and for war veterans I will not write further.

PurpleChest
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurpleChest »

This might be slightly my fault, we have been discussing LEGO teams on the FUMBBL podcast prior to this OP.

I do hope we havnt encouraged it.
:lol:

bobster19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bobster19 »

Rolex wrote:I will not reply.

I think that talking about real life war and death in a topic about a game is extremely out of place.
For due respect to those serious topics and for war veterans I will not write further.
I am a serving soldier and my experiences are first hand. You are the one who is stressed over a fantasy game. I was merely putting into context my view of stress. I’ve shown this to my colleagues here in the Barracks and we did laugh at your comments.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Careful with where this conversation is going, please gents.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
bobster19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bobster19 »

lunchmoney wrote:Careful with where this conversation is going, please gents.
Indeed, you’re quite right. I’ve said my piece and won’t post again.