Protection

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Protection

Post by fromherashes »

DOA wrote:Winsor&Newton spray
I'd like to use testor but is forbidden in europe
That’s strange as I used a can of Testors last weekend, in Europe... and it’s readily available.

Perhaps there’s a restriction on your country though?

Reason: ''
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

fromherashes wrote:
DOA wrote:Winsor&Newton spray
I'd like to use testor but is forbidden in europe
That’s strange as I used a can of Testors last weekend, in Europe... and it’s readily available.

Perhaps there’s a restriction on your country though?
Or a shop manager trying to find an excuse?

Wow, it seems Dullcote is used by magicians. http://strixmagic.it/it/accessori-e-con ... stors.html IIRC Model Master is a related brand.

Marabu varnishes are nice too (spray or pot/can for brushing, also water based in pot but not tried this last type). They are avaliable in art shops, model shops, etc.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Steam Ball wrote:
fromherashes wrote: Or a shop manager trying to find an excuse?

Wow, it seems Dullcote is used by magicians. http://strixmagic.it/it/accessori-e-con ... stors.html IIRC Model Master is a related brand.

Marabu varnishes are nice too (spray or pot/can for brushing, also water based in pot but not tried this last type). They are avaliable in art shops, model shops, etc.
Actually, I’m pretty sure they changed the formula so that it met EU regs but nevertheless it’s available in the EU :)

Wonder what a “roughing fluid” is. Google beckons!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

fromherashes wrote:
Steam Ball wrote: Or a shop manager trying to find an excuse?

Actually, I’m pretty sure they changed the formula so that it met EU regs but nevertheless it’s available in the EU :)
Does it still look the same, really matt? That is what matters. *badumtss* Marabu is probably in the same level of chemical nastiness, and they managed to stay in the market without changes to results. Bonus: smallest spray I remember is 150ml (they have bigger cans too), instead of tiny cans that seems to be the evolution of Testors, Tamiya and others.

BTW, Army Painter Antishine is also good when all you want is matt finish (no idea about protection... use one of the other suggestions, and if not matt enough, brush on this).
Wonder what a “roughing fluid” is. Google beckons!
It must for when they need something to stop being slippery (the opposite of lubricating fluid), or to mark cards without being very visible (mostly touch).