GW Elves - how do they size up to other GW models?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

GW Elves - how do they size up to other GW models?

Post by Skitters »

So I thought that the Necromunda Escher models could be used to create a bit of variety with the Elves box...with a view of building DE Runners/Witch elves (they even have spiky bits on one leg)....but there is quite a scale difference: the escher models would probably be best described as diminutive with tiny pin heads (and excessively long arms when swapping!)

Whilst there is an argument that height variances are natural...at around a full head height bigger and notably bulkier it just irritates me within the team (and in my mind, I suspect Witch Elves would have slaughtered anyone taller than themselves anyhow....)

So perhaps the more obvious choice is the Witch Aelves set.....but I'm a little reluctant to spend £35 without having a bit more confidence that a complete Witch Aelf would stand at around the same height and/or allow body part swap outs.

Would anyone have a pic of a BB Elf vs some of the AOS Elves (and in particular Witch Aelves)?

....as for the Escher models....they will go towards a what was an unplanned Amazon team!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: GW Elves - how do they size up to other GW models?

Post by spubbbba »

Can't post pics at the moment, but I do have the witch elves, escher gangers and the new BB elves.

The witches are of a similar scale to the escher models, with very skinny arms and legs. I don't think they'd work with the elves.

Harlequins or dark eldar are a bit chunkier, though still smaller than the elves.

Have you thought about using bits from the plastic humans? The throwers and catchers in particular are of a similar size.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

much obliged.

in that case I think i may put an order in to a bits company to see if i can get some hair pieces and have a go at sticking it onto a BB Elf head. may need a bit of work on the head itself but I think the flowing locks should still work...

If you do get an opportunity to put a pic up of a witch aelf v BB elf I would appreciate still though!

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

just an update. I sources some witch aelf bits.

From left to right; BB elf, Escher with elf arms, witch aelf, BB with WE head, Escher model, BB elf.

Whilst I think the witch aelf is a better height than the Escher models, I think she comes up a little too lithe when lined up with BB elves. i am happy with the head swaps though.

I'll be converting a second witch model into a cheerleader
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

...also thought that if I'm going have the option to play Dark Elves, that Wood Elves could also be an option - so having a go at making a Treeman from sprue and dryad bits.

Think he'd have to be called Spruce Bringsteen