Bugman!!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

zamerion
Rookie
Rookie

Bugman!!

Post by zamerion »

Reason: ''
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bugman!!

Post by Baxx »

GW continues to support ebay scalpers I see. This is gonna get pricey!

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

With a model that'll be available through the FW webstore a few weeks after Warhammer Fest? If you aren't at Fest, just wait a couple of weeks. If eBay scalpers buy them all at Fest, let them be stuck with them, it'll serve them right.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

That sounds fantastic, guess I just misread the context for "exclusive". Looking forward to buy this then.

FW prices are one thing, but ebay is just off the charts!

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

If anyone is daft enough to pay an eBay scalper for this rather than wait a few weeks, I'll personally immortalise them in a Did You Know..? for their silliness.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JT-Y wrote:If anyone is daft enough to pay an eBay scalper for this rather than wait a few weeks, I'll personally immortalise them in a Did You Know..? for their silliness.
hmm tempted......

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

It won't be flattering.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Nice looking mini. Super curious what his stats will be.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

JT-Y wrote:If anyone is daft enough to pay an eBay scalper for this rather than wait a few weeks, I'll personally immortalise them in a Did You Know..? for their silliness.
GW site isn't exactly very clear that it'll also be for general release, with the only hint being "make sure to get your tickets to Warhammer Fest for your first chance to buy him."

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Don't worry I won't do it, but haha as others said it sounds tempting the way you put it.

My initial fear was based on earlier BB releases back in late 2016 or was it early 2017. The skaven dice went away fast and I ended up paying a high price on ebay. After postage and customs had got their share, I ended up paying more for each single dice than the original price for the whole dice box. It took a long time before those dice came back for sale at GW, at which point I bought those too because the design was slightly different xD Grak & Crumbleberry was also a goldmine for the ebay re-sellers. The only thing I couldn't push myself to buy was the winter pitch. The price was something like 100£. I was very happy with the 2nd edition cause it got dugouts too.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

If anything is ever limited availability we'll make it clear. At present it's only Grak and Crumbleberry for BB, they are WHW exclusives, along with a few other things. WHW is quite a pilgrimage for a lot of visitors so exclusive swag is a nice bonus.
We don't like eBay scalpers either.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Yes it's all been great since the dice and winter pitch came back in stock. Just really nice to be able to purchase stuff at it's original price. Some of us are just "shell shocked" from the early days of BB2016.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Now that is a BB dwarf I like.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Baxx wrote:Yes it's all been great since the dice and winter pitch came back in stock. Just really nice to be able to purchase stuff at it's original price. Some of us are just "shell shocked" from the early days of BB2016.
Indeed!

I was able to get the original Skaven dice for just under retail price a few months ago. Unfortunately, paid more than I should have for the Winter Pitch. Which was a waste, as the new one is even better than the old! The only thing I haven't picked up is Grak & Crumbleberry. You can sometimes find them for a steep price. However, since they haven't shown up in any of the official rulebooks (that I can recall), and they are said to be 'broken', I can live without.

The main point is that the early sellout/scalper days seem to be behind us. So I'm pretty sure we can own a Bugman if we choose.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

We unbalanced G&C, updated rules are on the BB site. I'll not put them in a book unless we expand their release. As exclusives they're an optional addition for those who have them.