Where to get halfling miniatures?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Where to get halfling miniatures?

Post by Deathrain »

I'm in the 'looking for miniatures' state of planning a halfling team. For treemen I decided on the LotR ents, as they are what I imagine as treemen and find more traditional miniatures quite unappealing. That means I am stuck trying to find a set of 12-14 halflings. I really like Willys ultimate halflings, but I can only find them in a pack with their treemen which I don't like at all, or for the same price as they'd go with the treemen. I want a traditional halfling look (so no scotlings, looking cool, but too much like dwarves). Do you guys know any place where I could get the Willy halflings at a reasonable price or alternative miniatures? I'd be down for light conversion work, too, but I'd rather avoid it.

Reason: ''
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Where to get halfling miniatures?

Post by mawph »

Two good answers for you - found one searching for the other :)

Black scorpion have some awesome halflings and will be cheaper than Willy. They're great in person and resin not metal (the trees are particularly awesome too, although you state you're not up for them)
At Tritex games however you can grab the willy flings (both types) without trees, it appears.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

Huh, I hadn't realized black scorpions halflings were so affordable and they look good enough for me! 30-ish € for 15 halflings leaves me with one to use in a halfling throwing treeman conversion, that is pretty great, actually! Thanks for the answer.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Lovely models - I only saw them in the "flesh" at the weekend and they're great!

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Iron Golems and Two Drunk Flings have announced a halfling kickstarter that you may also consider. You can see pictures on their FB walls.

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

E99 wrote:Iron Golems and Two Drunk Flings have announced a halfling kickstarter that you may also consider. You can see pictures on their FB walls.
That is actually a treeman that I like! If they keep their old KS structure with a <60€ pledge for the full team I'll have to wait for them. Got too many things to paint already anyways, probably smart to wait a while...

Edit: The image of said treeman if someone reads this and doesn't want to search for it: