Self print team with new positional

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

labmasu
Rookie
Rookie

Self print team with new positional

Post by labmasu »

Hallo

this is not a project of mine but I love the idea
you can have your file and 3d print them at your wish

look at this

Reason: ''
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Self print team

Post by stowelly »

is there a 3rd party who would print these for a reasonable price?

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

There has been a discussion about selling 3D printer files instead of miniatures.
In my opinion,, it's still to early as the technology isn't a household standard yet.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I was, at one time, big into historical miniatures and historical games. I enjoy painting historical miniatures.

I have seen many tries at printing historicals and the results are not anything to crow about.

The printers just arn't there yet.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Kafre es Ispurio
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kafre es Ispurio »

bound for glory wrote:I was, at one time, big into historical miniatures and historical games. I enjoy painting historical miniatures.

I have seen many tries at printing historicals and the results are not anything to crow about.

The printers just arn't there yet.
Well, some printers are already there, but the most used DIY printers don't.

labmasu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by labmasu »

at the moment you can have a good quality printer at 400€, less than a smartphone

anyway on the market are there fab labs who prints at 25 microns at less than 10 €/piece (3-derams as example)

the time is not now, maybe just tomorrow

labmasu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by labmasu »

they added the new positional

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

stowelly wrote:is there a 3rd party who would print these for a reasonable price?
Impact! does contract 3-D printing with one of the highest end 3-D printers on the market. ( https://www.3dhubs.com/service/244504 )

However we can do it directly and quote if we have a STL or OBJ file without the need for the extra service fee 3D Hubs charges.

I've done contract 3-D printing to make the miniatures for 4 different KickStarters from 4 different companies so far this year.

Prices are much lower than Shapeways and the quantity is higher. 25 micron printing.

Depending on the size of the figures a full team of 16 should run between $45 and $90 but the quality is very high end.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
labmasu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Self print team with new positional

Post by labmasu »

Cross lances added also the last positional

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Self print team with new positional

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For those without access to high end 3-D printing ... I have the figures available if you liked them when you first saw them. Prices came out pretty reasonable for full teams. I can print a team to order. Takes a few days to print the team but nothing overly long now that I have all the layouts and supports calculated and the figures resized for 32mm scale. Some were 32mm scale and others were 28mm scale ... so all the figures are now 32mm scale. Also for the Nurgle set up ... I modified the figures so the Rotters were 30mm tall so they fit better with the statline vs the 26mm tall they were in the files.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44353

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers