Mystery Morg

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Mystery Morg

Post by bound for glory »

I am being the "middleman" for my friend Ed. He was in our league, the Thurrsday Hero's, back in 1992-1996, and then I lost contact with him.

Anyway, I got in contact with Ed, and he is now 72 and getting rid of his massive collection of figures. All of which brings me to Blood Bowl.

I don't have the figure in question, in my hands yet, but Ed tells me he bought, from the UK, a Morg figure, which is a different version of the 3rd ed figure.

He says its a ONE(1) piece figure, as opposed to the 3 piece Morg. And he says the figure is SMALLER.

I will have more to say(and show) when I get the figure, but we have some "experts" here. Tom? Can this be legit? Or is age catching up with my old friend?

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Mystery Morg

Post by harvestmouse »

Sounds like a second ed fig.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Thats what I was thinking. But Ed is a collector. Or he was...and even tho he is getting up there in age, when he told me about the figure, he insists its a different 3rd ed Morg.

I'm gonna get the figure. We will see...

Rick Sanchez lives!
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Most of them aren't "Blood Bowl" Ogres, they're just converted WFB Ogres: http://www.solegends.com/citcat1991b/ca ... res-02.htm (I've got a couple of them somewhere, for just that reason)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I reckon it's the one of the far left of GnW's pic, that was pretty rare 2nd ed fig.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Ed just sent me a picture of the mystery Morg, and its the Ogre 2nd from the left of Greg's pic.

Yeah. Oh well...Ed is soon to be 73. Guess he was just confused.

It happens, I guess. Me, I'll be gone before I'm 60.

Good news, Darkson! You only have 10 more years to put up with me... :lol:

Rick Sanchez lives!
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

IMSM citadel was loosey-goosey with their ogre naming back then with a few names nearly indistinguishable from morg's....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

HUH...See, I remember buying that Ogre at ORIGINS '89. And it was packaged with another Ogre. The package just said "Blood Bowl Ogres". They were'nt named.

Slightly off topic, but I remember one of the GW guys told me and a friend about the early Trolls, and how they were mispackaged.

He said the Trolls, and the first Treemen were packaged for WARHAMMER, and at least the Trolls were never put in Blood Bowl blister packs, so they were hard to get a hold off in the United States.

Me? I just stayed up until 2am one night and called Games Workshop in the UK...I remember I could;nt understand the guy and I kept saying "what?...Excuse me?" Can you repeat that?"

Man...To be young again.

Rick Sanchez lives!
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

What was Morg's name in 2nd ed? Isn't as listed in the picture? For sure it simplified for 3rd ed. IIRC if they had a spike they were a blitzer, if not a blocker.......or that's how I differentiated them anyway.

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

harvestmouse wrote:What was Morg's name in 2nd ed? Isn't as listed in the picture? For sure it simplified for 3rd ed. IIRC if they had a spike they were a blitzer, if not a blocker.......or that's how I differentiated them anyway.
:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

bound for glory wrote:HUH...See, I remember buying that Ogre at ORIGINS '89. And it was packaged with another Ogre. The package just said "Blood Bowl Ogres". They were'nt named.

Slightly off topic, but I remember one of the GW guys told me and a friend about the early Trolls, and how they were mispackaged.

He said the Trolls, and the first Treemen were packaged for WARHAMMER, and at least the Trolls were never put in Blood Bowl blister packs, so they were hard to get a hold off in the United States.

Me? I just stayed up until 2am one night and called Games Workshop in the UK...I remember I could;nt understand the guy and I kept saying "what?...Excuse me?" Can you repeat that?"

Man...To be young again.
I dont think any of the 2nd edition stars were "named" on the packaging

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Morg'Th N'Hthrog....
No wonder his PR manager suggested a name change :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Like I said, I remember buying those ogres in "2 packs", and iircc, those 2 packs were $7.99..

$7.99 for 2 ogres.

Rick Sanchez lives!
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

In 2nd ed his nickname was "The Howitzer"