Insufficient Water Transfers for new GW Blood Bowl range

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Insufficient Water Transfers for new GW Blood Bowl range

Post by Baxx »

Yes, using water transfers is generally not a good idea. Years of playing w40k or other games should make this clear. Try fitting a flat piece of water transfer onto a round shaped space marine shoulder pad as an example. But the water transfers from the new GW range released in November 2016 and onwords throughout 2017 look quite sharp. And much of the surfaces they're applied to are quite flat. This temptation led me to experiment with a few models and successful application now got me and neck-deep so to speak.

Let this be a warning if you haven't quite decided yet! For the first 12 models you get, this works fine. But what happens next? Here are some things to concider:

-The water transfers are only sufficient for 12 models
-Bright Crusaders/Orcland Raiders does not come with water transfers
-Booster packs does not come with water transfers
-Big Guys does not come with water transfers
-Goblin water transfer does not include positionals or trolls
-Human water transfer does not include Ogre
-Orc water transfer does not include Troll or Gobbos
-GW does not sell water transfers independently

However, Dwarves and Skaven water transfers comes with transfers for 2 big guys each.

Only solution I found was ebay but that comes at quite a price.

Do you know any other solution?

Reason: ''
Todosi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Insufficient Water Transfers for new GW Blood Bowl range

Post by Todosi »

Print your own on your home printer. Several companies make excellent decal paper and the process couldn't be easier.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

it's only an issue if you want to use the positional transfers on every player (i.e. Blitzer, Thrower, Ogre). if you skip those pieces and stick with just the numbers and symbols, each sheet comes with plenty of options for a full 16 player roster. for differentiating positions, i would suggest just sticking to base ring colors as it is a very tried a true method that has been around since 2nd edition.
if you do want to use the positional transfers, they are actually quite reasonable on eBay. i found this transfer sheet doing a quick search and after shipping, it's less than $8. that's more expensive than free, but i think it's something that most of us could swing if we need to.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

mikeyc222 wrote:it's only an issue if you want to use the positional transfers on every player (i.e. Blitzer, Thrower, Ogre). if you skip those pieces and stick with just the numbers and symbols, each sheet comes with plenty of options for a full 16 player roster. for differentiating positions, i would suggest just sticking to base ring colors as it is a very tried a true method that has been around since 2nd edition.
if you do want to use the positional transfers, they are actually quite reasonable on eBay. i found this transfer sheet doing a quick search and after shipping, it's less than $8. that's more expensive than free, but i think it's something that most of us could swing if we need to.
Yeah, I ended up buying transfers from ebay, but quite expensive! For shipping, it was 7$ and that's more expensive than the transfer itself. Ended up buying transfers for almost 60$... And that didn't even include Dwarf transfers (but plenty of human/orc).

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I'm curious if most people don't toss them? I hadn't used any of mine in the past, but have been meaning to give it a go as I get back into painting minis.

Maybe if you post in the "Fantasy Football For Sale!!!!" thread someone will offer some up?
viewforum.php?f=7

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

faust_33 wrote:I'm curious if most people don't toss them? I hadn't used any of mine in the past, but have been meaning to give it a go as I get back into painting minis.

Maybe if you post in the "Fantasy Football For Sale!!!!" thread someone will offer some up?
viewforum.php?f=7
Yes there should be a bunch laying around, don't think everybody uses them. Managed to get some on a norwegian forum in addition to ebay. So it's all good now, but this should be a warning to others.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I don't use the transfers. I use those plastic rail road numbers what IMPACT! sells(I bought a few sets, years ago. Still using them). They look great on the bases.

For team players We number them 1-16.

Star players are numbered 17-98.

#99 Is RETIRED LEAGUE WIDE. You show up with a figure that sports the number 99, and it gets smashed with a hammer.

Rick Sanchez lives!