Filling out positionals for the alternative teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Filling out positionals for the alternative teams

Post by Baxx »

Forge World has released 2 alternative teams to GW's standard teams: Orcland Raiders and Bright Crusaders. These teams are the same plastic models, but with alternative resin pieces to replace/swap certain parts of the miniatures like armour and heads.

Neither teams are complete because no booster pack has been released yet to fill out positionals. We have already seen one booster pack for Skaven so it would be expected similar releases would come for the orc and human teams.

My question is, if you bought an alternative team and wanted to fill out the positionals, what are the options? There will hardly be separate booster packs for the alternative teams?

1) Use the booster-pack as is, using paint scheme to blend them in to the alternative teams?
2) Buying a 2nd alternative team, filling out positionals but also getting duplicated poses?
3) A combination of 1) and 2) with conversions to add armour and heads from the alternative teams onto the booster pack?

It sounds expensive... but I do want to "complete" these alternative teams, not have them forever limited.

Reason: ''
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Filling out positionals for the alternative teams

Post by mikeyc222 »

i'm playing "wait and see." i already have painted human, orc, and dwarf teams. i'm not in any hurry to paint the new teams as i still have a lot of other races with no painted teams in the mini pile.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Took me a minute to figure out what you're asking, probably the brain needs to warm up today.

Anyways, I just received an alternate team, The Bright Crusaders. Given that there is no booster with additional poses for Humans yet....I don't know if the booster and alternative team pieces would or wouldn't work together.

I'm guessing that the alternative team bits would still work with any given booster. Maybe requiring a bit of converting. Heads should be easy enough. Chest pieces could be tricky, if the poses change a lot.

I'd definitely play a 'wait and see' game, as we don't have "alternative bits and booster" for any of the teams yet. Right now it's an either/or.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Ok thanks for replies, not so lonely anymore with these troubles. So just sit on the fence and see what happens (not much else to do).

Yes combining the booster with a second alternate team would require some minor conversions (head) and possibly medium/major conversion for torso/armor.