Not really BB/FF Figures

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Not really BB/FF Figures

Post by bound for glory »

019.JPG
I have an idea for an ongoing thread.

I started playing Blood Bowl when it first came out. In those days, my gang were kinda quick to make D&D figures into fantasy football players. Then the first GW figures came out, and we bought those.

Anyway, I'm sure many of us have some conversions. So lets see them. Here are a few of mine:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: Not really BB/FF Figures

heres another
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

No one has any conversions? :(

Rick Sanchez lives!
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

I got something, though conversion is maybe a bit too far-fetched, clumsy weapon-snips and kitbashes would be more accurate. I am creating a Khemri team from Necron parts (reason being that I don't want to track down old kits, but have the option of playing the team in GW events). I just finished painting one of the better conversions of the bunch - the one Thro-Ra I had an actually free hand left for.

I am reasonably happy with it. It is build on the basis of a Necron Warriors body and legs, with head and arms from the Lychguard kit. To designate a Thrower position his base rim is white and has a human ball from the 2016 base game in hand. The base hasn't fully dried in this picture, yet.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

bound for glory wrote:No one has any conversions? :(
Tons of 'em, as I love to convert my own teams out of other miniatures.
But they are either not painted or I don't have a decent pic of them.
And a lot have been posted in other threads already...

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Deathrain wrote:I got something, though conversion is maybe a bit too far-fetched, clumsy weapon-snips and kitbashes would be more accurate. I am creating a Khemri team from Necron parts (reason being that I don't want to track down old kits, but have the option of playing the team in GW events). I just finished painting one of the better conversions of the bunch - the one Thro-Ra I had an actually free hand left for.

I am reasonably happy with it. It is build on the basis of a Necron Warriors body and legs, with head and arms from the Lychguard kit. To designate a Thrower position his base rim is white and has a human ball from the 2016 base game in hand. The base hasn't fully dried in this picture, yet.
This figure is great!

Can I pay you to make me one? I'm serious about this.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words! This is my first conversion (well part of my first set of them anyways) and it is photographed in a way that hides its flaws (I really should have put some greenstuff into the hand joint...), I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to sell this level of quality.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Deathrain wrote:I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to sell this level of quality.
Just make him pay for bits and shipping then! :wink:

But seriously, Bound for Glory, those conversions are easier made than you think.
Look at my selfmade Zzharg Madeye and Hthark:

Image Image

The unpainted is the star player, side by side with a painted normal player.

I converted my Chaos Dwarves from Chaos Warriors that just got their legs shortened. (Never liked those silly hats!)
To match them, I had to design the stars myself, so I took parts from Chaos and Dwarves and kitbashed them for Zzharg and took a horse and Chaos bits for Hthark.

You only need some imagination and use plasic in the beginning, which makes the cutting much easier.

Also see the Doom Diver for my Goblins I made:

Basically a standard Goblin with "wings" made from Skaven banners!
It's really just raiding your bitsbox or ebay bits dealers and a little imagination, really.

For everyone who is interested, here are my conversions: