Converting a Norse team - WIP

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Converting a Norse team - WIP

Post by maxwellrpower »

Finally some progress on the team! Firstly, I got my marauders, so I've changed the shoulder pads on the berserkers.

I haven't started using any other bits from the marauder kit yet, they'll basically just be for my linemen, everyone else is coming from the bloodreavers. On that note, I've got two runners here.

Also this first thrower is nearly finished, just a bit of cleanup on his right hand which is the zombie open hand that Regash suggested. I found it to be a little big so I chopped down the fingers a bit.

And finally, this is what I've done so far on my yhetee, pretty simple conversion, basically just attached an ogryn face to a clawed fiend. I will sculpt a heap of fur around the face to make it look a bit less tiny compared to the body and of course to hide the huge gaps. Looks pretty damn creepy at this stage!

He should come out looking just like a big weird humanoid ape, which should work nicely! One thing that just occurred to me is that I might shave off four of his six nipples :P They make him look pretty alien.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Looking good, man! :D

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

And here's the finished team! I built the linemen very quickly this morning and also sculpted over the gaps on my yhetee. Fur is super easy to do and altogether I think he looks pretty good. Painting next, should get onto them soon as I only have three models left on my painting table at the moment.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Awesome!
The face swap worked out really well!

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

Regash wrote:Awesome!
The face swap worked out really well!
Thanks! I think so too, I've seen the clawed fiend used as is for a yhetee, but to me it just looks a bit too alien with all those eyes. Speaking of which I just noticed I still need to reduce the number of nipples :P

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

The yhetee turned out great. Are you going to add any shoulder pads or anything else to it?

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

faust_33 wrote:The yhetee turned out great. Are you going to add any shoulder pads or anything else to it?
Not a bad idea, I hadn't really thought about it but I guess it would give me somewhere to put team colours. I'll see what I've got that might fit :smoking:

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

After having a quick rummage and a google, I can see that I a) don't really own anything I could use for shoulder pads and that b) the parts I like which I could buy will cost too much in postage to be worth it.

So, looks like my plasticard and GS skills will be getting some more practice! I'll see what I can come up with and post again soon.

Thanks for looking everyone :D

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

And they're done! I think they came out pretty well.

Bases need flocking, but first I'll need to buy some flock :smoking:

Regash

Post by Regash »

Awesome! Image

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Those turned out great, and I have to say that's probably the best Yhetee I've seen. If I ever make a Norse team, I'll have to take a look at that model. What did you end up using for the shoulder pad? Really like the looks of your Ulfwereners too, with colors that match up with the Yhetee. Nice work all around!

maxwellrpower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maxwellrpower »

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with them :)

The shoulder pad is greenstuff over the top of some plasticard strips on the arm, also a couple of bits of chain to hold it all in place. It didn't turn out perfectly, I had the plasticard bit clamped onto the arm with some small spring clamps to hold the curve while the glue dried, stuck my meticuously crafted greenstuff shoulder pad on the top and then walked off to let it dry. Of course the spring clamp slipped and the plasticard bent out a bit, which deformed the shoulder pad a bit and left a bit too large of a gap in a couple of places.
It's not too bad and still looks good, it's just frustrating to have something so carefully lined up and come back to find it has sabotaged itself! One of the things I like best about the Yehtee (apart from how much fun he was to make) is that with his pose, he easily fits on a 32mm base and wont get in the way of models in adjacent squares.

Anyway, thanks for the kind encouragement! I'm going to be working on a table full of Necromunda terrain for the next couple of months, but at some point down the track I will build a Dark Elf team for a friend of mine (he used to play Dark Elves in the PC game, so I'm hoping to get him into the table top version). When I do that I'll post some more pics here and will of course be searching through the forum for inspiration :smoking:

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Thats a really fine looking team!

Rick Sanchez lives!
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Really awesome work, well done!!

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."