Minis and Banners

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Minis and Banners

Post by Regash »

To be honest, I suck badly when it comes to Greenstuff or any other way of sculpting myself.
I prefer kitbashing like with my own version of ZZharg Madeye.

Here he is, alongside one of my Chaos Dwarves, made from old Chaos Warriors.
He's made from parts of Chaos Knights and Dwarves.

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Ah yea, I use the word "modding" interchangeably with kitbashing. Anytime I change a mini, I tend to think of it as modding.

Where'd you get the gun for Zzharg? That looks like it could work pretty well for a ballzooka as well. I just remembered that I might be able to use something from a scifi game I have too. Will be looking through all those parts this weekend. Last night I tried to figure out which Dwarven mini I could convert into a Farik, but looks like I'll probably need parts from 3 different ones. Still cheaper than FW, but I kinda wish they would release some Stars in plastic too.

Regash

Post by Regash »

faust_33 wrote:Where'd you get the gun for Zzharg?
That's a gun from the Dwarven Irondrakes.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Thanks Regash, looks like the Irondrakes have a few nice parts. Are they the same size as the new Blood Bowl minis or are they smaller?

I went looking through my SciFi models last night, and the first thing I grabbed turned out to be the best thing to use for the ballzooka. It was a container from a Deadzone scenery sprue. Of course, I kept looking, but it's funny how sometimes the "right" thing just shows up right away.

I ended up taking parts from 4 different dwarves to get the pose I wanted. I'm thinking he will look pretty decent once I get paint on him. Though sometimes paint has the opposite effect of making all the mistakes even more pronounced. I guess experienced painters are better at hiding stuff.

After all this work, I now wish that Barik played for both Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves. Though I guess they are likely sworn enemies. I could probably paint him in colors from both teams and proxy him as Barik/Zzharg, since they both do similar things.

Regash

Post by Regash »

faust_33 wrote:Are they the same size as the new Blood Bowl minis or are they smaller?
I think but don't know they are WHFB size.
The upscaling started with AoS, I think.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I like the larger size overall, but that leaves a lot of good old parts in the dust. :cry: