New GW Goblins

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Re: New GW Goblins

Post by Ithilkir »

Like both the Goblins and the SW (although not 100% on the chainsaw, looks a bit weird). Don't mind the them being a bit more armoured than their 3rd edition counterparts since I was brought up on the 1st and 2nd edition models and I'd expect a partially armoured goblin (small chest piece, two shoulder pads and maybe a helmet) to be as tough as a semi armoured human catcher.

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Tomorrow I will post here the proper pictures of them and you will be able to see them properly, for now you can find them on my profile and facebook page. I really liked then, but I was a warhammer fantasy orc & goblin player, so I like goblins! About the special weapons they have two big good points: they are easily recognizable and they are reallyy funny to paint. Try to guess wich one was my favourite one to paint..

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

axia wrote:Tomorrow I will post here the proper pictures of them and you will be able to see them properly, for now you can find them on my profile and facebook page. I really liked then, but I was a warhammer fantasy orc & goblin player, so I like goblins! About the special weapons they have two big good points: they are easily recognizable and they are reallyy funny to paint. Try to guess wich one was my favourite one to paint..
Cool, looking forward to more pics. I'd really like to give the Gobbos a chance, but wasn't sold based on the pics that were posted here so far.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

faust_33 wrote:Hmm. The goblins might be okay. I don't know why they raise the brightness on all their mini photos to almost be washed out, makes it hard to tell what the actual minis are supposed to look like. Not too crazy about the SWs.

Did the SWs come with the old Goblin team or did you have buy those individually? Or did they have their own Secret Weapons 4-pack? I bought all of mine off of Ebay, so I don't know. I kind of doubt the SWs will be released in the Goblin team box, as that would mean a lot of extra SWs if people buy more than one team box.

I'd also agree that the Goblins should be more whimsical/silly. Gobbos and Halflings are the two teams where you can lighten things up a bit. The SWs especially, don't look funny at all. Maybe with some head swaps, I don't know.
THIS! I could hardly see how the troll looked. Too bright and contrasty, light from all angles. Loses all shape.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

faust_33 wrote:Did the SWs come with the old Goblin team or did you have buy those individually? Or did they have their own Secret Weapons 4-pack?
The old SW were bought separately. Just like this time around.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

@Madsherman: Yea, it took me awhile to figure out what was bugging me about their pictures. They definitely crank up the brightness way too much. I guess that isn't new though, because I remember seeing the same thing with the old minis on their site. As long as they include other people's photos or a photo with a background, I can at least get a better idea of what the minis look like. The white background/overly bright images should be reserved as stock store images.

@lunchmoney: Thanks!