Old GW Teams return to GW store from 8th for one week

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Old GW Teams return to GW store from 8th for one week

Post by Digger Goreman »

Got a Thunderslam mino. ... pm me if interested. ...

Reason: ''
MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Digger Goreman wrote:Got a Thunderslam mino. ... pm me if interested. ...
Sorry, didn't see your reply in time. Ordered a Willy Miniatures Minotaur already.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Thanks Darkson. Would have missed that.

They are up for sale now:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Ne ... wexclusive

Tempted on those Lizardmen.
Took me a bit to see that those Saurus are actually two different models.
Same goes for the right arm, so someone could make 4 different (but very similar looking) Saurus.
Skinks seem to be 4 different models (2 of each then).

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Yeah, I went in for the Lizards once someone agreed to split a 3rd box with me so I could field a full team. I already have the Hungry Troll Lizardmen team coming, but I really like this 3rd edition design, too. At least I'll have a lot of teams to paint when I retire in 30 years.

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Djay wrote:....when I retire in 30 years.
Youngster ;)

I have been looking at the teams they offered, but so far could not convince myself to buy any of them. Still have that 3rd edition high elf team to paint, but I just can't find much love for the miniatures.

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I've got a full team of Undead. One of my favorite teams to play, and I have a soft spot for the Wraith minis. I also have the High Elves and they were one of the first teams I painted (and then repainted). I have mostly proxy minis for Necromantic, especially the Werewolf. GW's is ugly. If the flesh golem was sold separately, I'd probably have picked that up.

Lizardmen, again, proxies. I would be tempted, but the price is a little too high for me right now. Especially since I've never been that fond of the Lizardmen team, and no one in my group ever played them. I'm going to wait and see what the eventually new team will look like.

Nothing for me this round.

Last time I picked up the Chaos Bull, and glad I did. Scale wise the CD are a little shorter than the new Dwarfs, but still look pretty decent. I really love the silly hats, so likely that is a team of minis I will keep for a long time.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I got the Chaos (just a team of 12) and Chaos Dwarf teams (with a second team so I could have 6 CDs) last time, but I think I'll be giving them a miss this time around.

The missing positionals on those teams on offer mean you really need to buy 2 sets and none of them appeal to me enough to justify spending that much. I was tempted by the Kroxigor, but when he costs almost as much as a boxed set of 12 minis (and more than some nice 3rd party Krox) it is just too expensive for me.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

I got the Chaos last time round, and have got the High Elves this time round- purely for the 2 catchers to get my existing team up to 4! The rest will be split and sold on

Passed on the Necromantic, as dislike the werewolves and already have an undead team with wolves and flesh golems from other ranges

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

nightwing wrote:I got the Chaos last time round, and have got the High Elves this time round- purely for the 2 catchers to get my existing team up to 4! The rest will be split and sold on

Passed on the Necromantic, as dislike the werewolves and already have an undead team with wolves and flesh golems from other ranges
Out of curiosity, which company did you get your wolves and flesh golems from?

Werewolves, I have one metal mini...thought it was from Impact, but the closest thing on there is the Willy werewolves, and that isn't it. I have two more Reaper Bones Werewolves that we subbed in for wolves. They are decent, and if I added some pants, shoulder pads or something, would probably be decent enough. Though my sculpting skills are not good, so it might look even worse.

Flesh golems we used some plastic D&D minis "Bloodhulk Fighter". For proxy, they are okay, but something I plan to replace with something better eventually.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

For Golems, it was a toss between the old Frank, new fifth edition, and the B7 Funknstein. In the end I went with the latter two and am quite happy. Werewolves have always been lacking in something until the Hippie Bowl produced the Flopsy "ghoulfs". They capture frenzy perfectly and, with a repositioning of the arm and green stuffing a shoulderpad, I have two extraordinarily serviceable weres!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

FYI - 3rd round of old made to order teams soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... o-order-2/

Ogre, Vampire, Wood Elves & Halfling Teams + a Treeman!

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

Yeah vampires and if arrives before august 5th would be my team in my first tournament, if not would be underworld.

I really love vampires, love about that you can't plan ahead a drive, love that one drive could be awesome and the next a total mess.

http://Image
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Can someone link me to the US prices for those teams? I have all those already, but I have a friend battling cancer and I want to cheer him up with an Ogre team.

Kyle has the nickname of Ogre, because he's sorta like a caveman in his manorisums and he is a dear friend. Our club, the Thursday Night Hero's as gonna each paint a figure, sorta like one of those club builds and randomly give away. Like that, but the team goes to our friend.

Anyway, I need US prices. Thanks.

Rick Sanchez lives!
ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

here the dollar prices for ogres https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Og ... m-mto-2017 75$, says the page that to complete you need buy the goblin snivellers as well.

http://Image