Forge World releases

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World: Old Bowl mat

Post by faust_33 »

In the March White Dwarf there is mention of a new neoprene gaming mat "The Old Bowl, Home of the Reikland Reavers". Available "Mar 03", so I guess it's a little late in coming.

Reason: ''
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i heard from someone online that the advert was removed from the digital edition of white dwarf, so i am assuming that it is either very late in coming, or not coming at all for one reason or another. i have not seen it even mentioned anywhere else besides that spot in WD.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Dwarf Death Roller now on Pre-Order: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Dwarf-Deathroller
38£ though. :o

Sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World: Dwarf Deathroller

Post by faust_33 »

Changed my first post to just the listing of what's come out and removed my comments. I need to figure out how to reduce the image sizes or maybe just remove older images as things come out.

For history's sake, here's my original comments regarding what was released at the time:
"Looks like Griff actually has a helmet and non-helmet head. This is good, as I wasn't crazy about the non-helmet version. Is Griff so insane that he plays the game without a helm?! I've preordered him, as I don't have a Griff mini and not crazy about the old ones.

Rat Ogre...not sure about this one. This might be the beginning of where I don't buy everything Forge World cranks out. One, they are expensive. But two, that Rat Ogre really doesn't look any better than the custom Rat Ogre I made from a GW mini. I don't know why all the FW minis have to be running around on one leg. I wish I knew if this was the same size as my custom Rat Ogre, but I guess I'll line him up with the GW Ogre I bought and see how they match up."

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

MagicElmo wrote:Dwarf Death Roller now on Pre-Order: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Dwarf-Deathroller
38£ though. :o

Sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it.
Thanks for posting that, I was out of the country at the time. Should be caught up now.

Yea, that's an expensive model. I have a custom Deathroller mini that I'm partial to. I'll have to look at it beside the new Dwarves and see what I think. I kind of like the look of the new Deathroller, but am also tempted to stick with what I have.

Yeesh, just did the conversion and that's almost $48 US for just one miniature. No way I'm buying that. I'd rather do a conversion copy or wait for a similar 3rd party mini if I really don't like the looks of my old conversion alongside the new Dwarves.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World: Bright Crusaders

Post by faust_33 »

Bright Crusaders are up at Forgeworld.

12 plastic Humans for £32 ($40 US). The only difference I'm seeing (though I haven't had enough coffee yet) is that some of them don't have helmets? Also the markers have a a star symbol instead of an eagle head. If that's the case, looks like a pass for me. Does anyone happen to know if their stats are different?

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

It's basically alternate heads and torsos for a differnt team "look." Certainly not a must have, but I ordered it so I could add a little variety to my normal human team minis.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Oh yea, I guess the helms (or lack of helms) and the chest and shoulder pads are different. Also the newer torso and head parts are resin. But for the same price, you can get a Human team with an Ogre.

Interesting idea, but I think would've been more likely to bite if it was a cheaper, all plastic team. Or at least had some alternate poses.

It also mentions that the rules for the team are in Deadzone 1. I guess I missed that, since I haven't thoroughly read the new rulebooks.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I really like how they have 12 individual heads, adds a lot more variety to the team as that is an issue with the new plastic teams somewhat.
The only problem is that the blitzers and linemen still look too similar, I'm not even sure which is which looking at that team.

£32 is still pretty good for a team of 12 as well, especially by GW and Forgeworld standards.

I hope they do the same with the Orcs and skaven. Maybe even the Dwarfs though they had separate heads for the blitzers and slayers anyway plus only have 6 positionals.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

There are 16 heads, 1 extra for blitzer and thrower, 2 for linos. Yet I think the others repeat instead of being 16 different heads. Catchers look exactly the same in the tiny picture, so do the helmeted blitzers, probably 6*2 and 4.
Still 2 blitzers missing (and 2 catchers, if that is your style).

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I could see myself getting this in a year or two, but for now I'll save my money for the Goblin and other upcoming teams. Feels a little too early for me to start on a second Human team. I like spubbbba's idea of additional Dwarves, Orcs, and Skaven like this. Especially the Orcs as there are quite a few team combinations with them.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I own about 25 rat ogres, but I want one of those new warhammer rat ogres.

Anyone selling one?

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Forge World: Hakflem Shuttlespike

Post by faust_33 »

Hakflem is up on Forgeworld. I kinda like the mini, but I'm not a fan of resin.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I am really disappointed in Hakflem and think he looks awful. I had high hopes for him after the booster pack skaven turned out so well but he is really poor.

I don't like the style and the quality of sculpting is woeful, had I been shown the model a year ago I'd have assumed he was one of the weaker 3rd party models not forgeworld. It is a real shame as the quality of forgeworld's stuff is usually really good, even if i am not a fan of the designs. The new rat beast they released for AoS is a great looking model for instance.

So far the only star I have really liked is Zug, Griff with helmet is decent too.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Hakflem's okay IMHO. Not great, but not bad either.
Hope future FW Blood Bowl models will be better though.

I still have yet to buy any FW Blood Bowl stuff. I think I'm waiting a bit to maybe be able to get that free delivery. :D