Impact Cthulhu Proto-Shoggoth question?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Impact Cthulhu Proto-Shoggoth question?

Post by worthy »

I saw the Cthulhu Proto-Shoggoth on Tritex - https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/product/ ... goth-6246/ and I was wondering how big the model is because i'm thinking of getting one to use as an Ogre for my human team? (it's the old starter box humans)

It looks like an amazing model and already has American football pads/helmet on, but my only concern is the size.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Impact Cthulhu Proto-Shoggoth question?

Post by lunchmoney »

Did you contact and ask Tritex?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

I thought i'd ask on here first instead of wasting their time and also they might just tell me it is, so i'll buy (I doubt they will though because Tritex seem alright).

Also if it turns out that it isn't atleast bigger than the plastic human models, I was going to rename the thread: 'Human team ogre alternatives' and ask which alternatives for ogres you folks recommend.

BTW sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, i've not been on this forum for years.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

On the Impact Miniatures site they have most all the figures measured (in mm) to the eyes. This guy is 35mm to...where his eyes should be.

ogre.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Stout Youngblood wrote:On the Impact Miniatures site they have most all the figures measured (in mm) to the eyes. This guy is 35mm to...where his eyes should be.
Thanks, I might just be able to get away with it then because I wasn't really expecting that much of a size difference to be fair (due to the price), so just aslong as it looks bigger than the rest of the team, I should be okay.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Added a picture to the post above for size comparison.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Thankyou for doing that (the size comparison between that and an ogre was what I was hoping for).

BTW whilst it may seem like an odd choice for a human team ogre, but I have my reasons.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Maybe but heck, it is your team. Seem many different themes over the years. Please post a picture when you get the team together.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

I will if I can get a decent photo-up because usually they come out blurry.

Although bewarned, I have 8 Blood Bowl teams and my humans (along with my orcs) are my first ever BB miniatures because they are the plastic ones from the 3rd edition box set, so do expect anything special with the paint job.