My Big Fat Nurgle Wedding FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 2

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

My Big Fat Nurgle Wedding FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 2

Post by BoltgunMetalhead »

Hi guys,

Working on a nurgle team. These guys are goingto get as nurgle as can be. For rotters I will be using the GW Plague Bearers, didn´t bother to take a pic because I like them as they are and didn´t change them alot, just added shoulderpads. The Beast of nurgle is in the hands of the postal gods at the moment and should be arriving somewhere soon. I managed to get an older GW Greater Daemon of Nurgle (the incredibly heavy one with the antlers) for a decent price. There will also be many nurglings added to the bases.

The Pestigors:
These guys where a lot of fun to convert. I used the shoulderpads from the GW Putrid Blightkings box and added alot of blisters and maggots.

The Nurgle Warriors:
The box set these guys came in (GW Putrid Blightkings) is conversion heaven. I removed weapons and didn't do a lot to them besides that. There is also a fifth carrying a huge bell, I will propably use this one as a turncounter

As soon as the team is complete I will start painting them, more to come...

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: My Big Fat Nurgle Wedding

Post by Pedda »

Looking good!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Fantastic!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Those look awesome. I particularly like Moosehead.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Fold
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fold »

Lovely stuff! I think a couple (particularly the banner bearer posed warrior) could do with some work to make them less obviously weapon snips, but otherwise very cool.

jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

Looking sweet! Where did the beastmen come from?

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Love them. As someone who sucks at converting (painting is fine, but I struggle sometimes with even assembling multi-part minis!), I am very jealous of what you've been able to create. :D

BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

jonno wrote:Looking sweet! Where did the beastmen come from?
Thanks! The beastmen are the regular GW plastic beastmen with some details (shoulderpads, mousehead) from the Nurgle Blight Kings. I wanted them to be more nurgle so I sculpted festering sores and lots of maggots with green stuff.

I received the greater daemon of Nurgle and started pinning him, but he is a bitch to pin and will need some proper greenstuffing to fix seams and gaps. When going through my miniatures I came across a Mordheim Carnival of Chaos Plaguebearer and Ringmaster. These guys will be very nice coach and cheerleader models 8)

I still haven't started painting these guys but will propably begin somewhere end of this week I'll post some WIP by then. I want them finished for a local painting comp with the deadline on nov 22nd so that should be more than managable. If for some reason I will miss that deadline I'll have them finished for the Brassbowl (Belgium) in Ostend in the middle of december.

BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

Did some work on my coach:

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

awesome!!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

Allright, finished the first and major part of the skin. The sores and wound stuff I will finish once the model is mostly finished. Up next is the armour.

BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

Done quite some work yesterday. The Rotters are as good as done and the other guys are to be finished soon aswell. Can't wait to get to the part where I am getting their skin to boil and fester :) That is going to be the last stage so that's good motivation for picking up the brushes again tonight.

The shield btw is going to be a rr counter, there are 3 in total. Not gonna have many more I guess.

For the bronze I've used Modelmates Verdigris blue. This was the first time I used this and I am very pleased with the result, just need to apply it with a gentle touch. It dries up alot stronger than you think it does.

Hope you'll like 'm so far!

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Wow! Awesome brush work there.

My only comment would be that I think that the skin is a bit too white, but that might change once you start with the festering etc.

jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

Nice!

BoltgunMetalhead
Rookie
Rookie

This team is almost finished! I just need to finish the Beast of Nurgle which I saved for last. Some minor basing to do but that's just adding some tufts.

Next post will be the finished team!