New Batch of Fumbbl Dice

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

New Batch of Fumbbl Dice

Post by spubbbba »

A couple of year back SunDevil and Christer arranged for the Fumbbl dice designs used in the client to be turned into real life Block dice, selling them via a Kickstarter.

To mark that fact that I joined Fumbbl 10 years ago today I have arranged for a new batch of dice to be made. These are slightly different from the first lot, having circular faces rather than square with rounded corners, more in keeping with the GW block dice. The yellow stars and blue arrows are not an exact match either, but as close as I could manage. The image below shows the old dice (top) alongside the new ones.

The biggest change is that there are now different colours available, white opaque, black pearlescent and red pearlescent.

Price is £12 per set of 3 dice with £5 of that going to the site, payment will only be accepted in UK funds via paypal. Postage will be extra and will depend on where you live. There’s no kickstarter this time, I paid for the dice upfront and painted the yellow and blue bits by hand myself.

If you are interested in buying them then you’d need to be a Fumbbl member (it is free to join and you are not obligated to play games) as orders will be done through the site forum and PM system.

More information is available in this thread.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
chopa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Batch of Fumbbl Dice

Post by chopa »

Really hope I can get a set or 2.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Me me me buy buy buy!

:puke:

Need dice...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

spubbbba wrote:you’d need to be a Fumbbl member
Too bad.
No dice for me, then.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Regash wrote:
spubbbba wrote:you’d need to be a Fumbbl member
Too bad.
No dice for me, then.
I believe you are a FUMBBL member, or are you too ashamed to admit it?

Regash

Post by Regash »

harvestmouse wrote:I believe you are a FUMBBL member, or are you too ashamed to admit it?
Not that I know of... :o

Edit: I went and checked and obviously I once created an account...
Seems like I've been drunk at the time as I never got to grips with the FUMBBL client.

But as you can see, I never played any games on FUMBBL and have been logged in 8 years ago.
I really didn't remember creating an account and I'm gonna get rid of it if I can.

Edit2: Nope, can't remember the password and don't have access to the e-mail from back then.
Oh well, this will stand for all eternity then.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Regash wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:I believe you are a FUMBBL member, or are you too ashamed to admit it?
Not that I know of... :o
I was under the impression you had an account from a long time ago. Accounts are never deleted on FUMBBL, so if you know your account name, it be used.

That aside as spubbbba pointed out. It's free to join (just you can't have more than 1 account) and supporting FUMBBL is a good cause.

Regash

Post by Regash »

harvestmouse wrote:It's free to join.
But I don't want to join. I'd like to get rid of the account but I can't.
Anyway, back to topic.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

But don't you want the Dice Regash? What's wrong with FUMBBL anyway?

I'll definitely support FUMBBL it's a great site and what allowed me to get back into gaming all them years ago, albeit with multiple accounts but that's a long story which I guess nobody would be interested in hearing :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Since the dice originate from Fumbbl (designed by WhatBall) then that is obviously the main place I have been advertising. £12 with P&P on top is a lot for 3 plastic cubes so I assumed that would be the best place to find people interested. I'm using the Fumbbl forum and PM system to track orders and contact people about payments that is the only reason someone would need an account. e-bay or some sort of crowdfunder would have been other options too.

There is no Fumbbl purity test to buy them, I'm treating everyone equally be they veterans with 1000's of games, people I've met in real life and like a lot or someone who just signed up yesterday.

In any case the order thread is up now until 19:00 Uk time on Thurs 4th Aug. Looks like some styles are already spoken for, but not everything is gone yet.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

My rough count on the thread makes it 75/100 spoken for of this time so 3/4 gone in 3 and a quarter hours, wouldn't count on waiting till tomorrow if you are swithering

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

chopa wrote:Really hope I can get a set or 2.
i would be happy if i get one set, even if not all of the same color :)

let's see, if i will be lucky or not :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

So Spubbbba asked in the other thread for groups of the fabled FUMBBL dice collector's to unite in union and save on some postage (and Spubbbba's time) getting dice sent to one place.

I noticed there are a few of us attending Exiles Pieces O Eight in September (still 4 places free BTW) on the list for the dice and perhaps more going not on the list who arranged dice via PM.
So thought why not get them all there. Either post them to one person, or if someone is close enough to Spubbbba, collect them and bring them down to Exiles.

I'd be up for that. Anyone else want to try sort this out? If Spubbbba lives where I think he dose I could even collect them, unless someone else lives closer hint hint :wink: :wink:

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

As you have opened the conversation, I have already contacted Spubba and asked if I can collect in person next week (as I'm in Bristol) and take anyone's who is going to Thrudball so we would have them for Saturday.

I'm waiting to hear back if that will work with his timeframes and stuff. I'll let you know when I hear back.

D

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

not sure if i was in time for the black op dice but ill be and thrud and exiles if anyone is doing a drop off and i was in time for a set.