Underworld "Green Ratz Team" on INDIEGOGO

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Underworld "Green Ratz Team" on INDIEGOGO

Post by JonnyKanone »

Fluff-wise most skaven are smaller than humans... Somewhere in between of dwarfs and humans whereas goblins are probably as tall as dwarfs. So I tend to say the scale fits to this quite well?!
And the strength does not necessarily correlate with the size of a creature. Take a look at monkeys. Chimpanzees are small but are very strong, probably stronger than a human of comparable size

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, even so, the standard these days is that most manufacturers make their st3 models in the 26-28mm range to the eye, Pedro in particular has always made them on the larger side. So I think that fact, that the goblins are unscaled, and that the skaven in the concept art look decidedly bigger, had given me a different expectation.

I'm not moaning, just feeding back to the producer as one of the early bird buyers, that I'm personally disappointed with the scale and will probably end up looking to offload the rats and buy some meiko ones instead. Which is a shame as the art looked great, they're just look as though they're going to too small for my personal liking.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

One easy workaround would be this: Leave a 1 our 2 mm gap between the feet and the top surface of the base. Simply fill the gap with sand or whatever you use for the base structure and the skaven will stand out a bit further... Of course scale is an issue nowadays where every company preferences are different :/

All goes back to personal taste probably ;) Personally I like the old scale. And I think these skaven might match the 2nd ed team

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Funded. Only few more Euros for the next stretch goal...

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Lol, I really hope they're not a match for the 2nd edition team...!
IMG_20160508_114538.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

That goblin is huge :D (Willy?)

I have one of GG goblins and have put it next to GWs skaven and goblins... Probably that explains why I was not as disappointed about scale as others. The 3rd ed skaven and goblins are nearly of the same size as well. The two headed goblin from GG is already a bit taller but still considerably smaller than a human. Looking at the new greens I feel the relation between goblin and skaven was kept similar. But the 2nd ed skaven is smaller, so the new sculpted will not match them in scale ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

JonnyKanone wrote:That goblin is huge :D (Willy?)

I have one of GG goblins and have put it next to GWs skaven and goblins... Probably that explains why I was not as disappointed about scale as others. The 3rd ed skaven and goblins are nearly of the same size as well. The two headed goblin from GG is already a bit taller but still considerably smaller than a human. Looking at the new greens I feel the relation between goblin and skaven was kept similar. But the 2nd ed skaven is smaller, so the new sculpted will not match them in scale ;)
Looks good thanks for sharing and of course as the years go by miniatures get bigger and bigger, might not be a bad thing when the rumours for the new game are that the new models will be on larger bases so naturally will most likely be bigger also.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

All very true :D every five years makes them 1.5mm taller

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

Growing Pains :roll:

TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

This disgusting guy has been unlocked. That makes 11 goblins, 6 rats, a troll and a marker for the team level pledge.

The concept for Ball & Chain star player. Will be a free stretch goal at $13,000. I haven't seen any Fezglitch models I actually like, but I like the crazy look of this guy (edit- is he chewing his own arm? :lol: )

4 days left

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gree ... eam#/story

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I'm loving the new Star Players.

I can't see the other free stuff though like the turn marker? I've got the team and 3 add on's but I bought them separately and i'm not registered, will I still get the turn marker?

I would love to see a Nobbla Blackwort too, even if it means I can add it on at the end...

This team is amazing, ClawPOMB FTW! :orc:

TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

frogboy wrote:
I can't see the other free stuff though like the turn marker? I've got the team and 3 add on's but I bought them separately and i'm not registered, will I still get the turn marker?
Hmmm, bit confused about the team marker actually. First update says it is only if you have added 2 star-players as add-ons, latest update says it is for every team. Either way you should be good but might be worth asking on the campaign page if you need an answer, I don't think they post on here.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Subject: Underworld "Green Ratz Team" on INDIEGOGO
TheDancingClown wrote:
frogboy wrote:
Hmmm, bit confused about the team marker actually. First update says it is only if you have added 2 star-players as add-ons, latest update says it is for every team. Either way you should be good but might be worth asking on the campaign page if you need an answer, I don't think they post on here.

Thanks buddy, that looks great. I'll ask some questions later then when I'm on a PC. This old phone doesn't seem to like Indigogo, but who needs a phone when there are shiny new models available :D

TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

From this.....

To this.....

:o

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

This is about to explode...

Willie Bombstein, with its ratskull bombs

Only 2 days left to bag the best team in the Underworld...