New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by bound for glory »

My dear friend Simon is having fun here again :lol: :lol: :lol:

He knows MY friend Fabio is about to Kickstart a new Chaos Dwarf team and he is using his position to make backhaded remarks like "proper Chaos dwarves", when he knows GASPEZ-ARTS is set to make a 3rd ed style CD team.

Its insulting and an abuse of his MOD position.

But its kinda cool, because my friend Fabio PM'ed me some funny remarks re Darksons comments. :lol: :lol: 8) And after the week I've had(an 6mm kidney stone and now a stent up my manhood), well, its all good.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not back handed - if JBone did some proper Chaos Dwarfs I'd be all over them like a rash, especially seeing how the frogs turned out.

And where was the insult? I already said I like the dwarfs, apart from the hats, I like the hobgoblins and hope to purchase them. If that's an insult then I hope no-one doesn't like the team as your delicate disposition would go into overdrive.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Darkson wrote:if JBone did some proper Chaos Dwarfs I'd be all over them like a rash, especially seeing how the frogs turned out.
But that would depend on which sculptor J_Bone could get on board.
Pedro Ramos is, in my opinion, the most awesome sculptor and I loved the teams and minis I've seen from him so far.
The Iron Golems Dwarves, the frogs... You name it.

I'd be very interested to see what Pedro would come up with if he did Chaos Dwarves.
I'm with you, Darkson, on those silly hats, I never liked them.
But, to be honest, my converted CDs from Chaos Warriors with shortened legs are so cool, I'd never give them up! :wink:

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

I don't think J_Bone will be tempted to do any more teams. One and done I suspect :)

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

picked up the frogs from the post office this morning. didn't get a chance to look at them yet as i had to run out the door and go to work, but i will be writing an unboxing post for them on my website this evening.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

I'm not a fan either, but he did say second edition and I thought those were the big hat CDs. :)

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

They were not.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Well I for one will stand up for the awesome, unique, ridiculous 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf hats. We play a game where Dwarves can field a steamroller, Witch Elves play in stilettos, Goblins bring an actual chainsaw, but a large hat is just too unrealistic and breaks immersion?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

I didn't say too unrealistic, just that I preferred some other CD's. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not sure where you got the unrealistic argument from - I don't like them because they look stupid (even the great ones Fabio has sculpted).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Darkson wrote:Not back handed - if JBone did some proper Chaos Dwarfs I'd be all over them like a rash, especially seeing how the frogs turned out.

And where was the insult? I already said I like the dwarfs, apart from the hats, I like the hobgoblins and hope to purchase them. If that's an insult then I hope no-one doesn't like the team as your delicate disposition would go into overdrive.

Some people must like "big, silly hats", as Fabio was completely funded in one day.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Those dwarves have the best body proportions I've seen.

Topas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Topas »

Back to the Slann topic. Does anybody know Kislev miniatures that can be used?
I am actually one who likes the Kislev team, although probably everybody else (as far as I heard/read) would prefer Slann. But I like the look and the theme. And I dont think frogs should play Bloodbowl.
So anybody has any idea?

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Check Ebay for Kislev miniatures. GW hasn't made any in a llllooonnnggg time.

Glad you like the Kislev idea for the Slann roster but between the two, Slann has more of a reason to be included as they were in 1st Edition BB and Kislev not until BB2. To each their own...as long as we are playing BB....without Space Marine teams. :lol:

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Topas wrote:Back to the Slann topic. Does anybody know Kislev miniatures that can be used?
I am actually one who likes the Kislev team, although probably everybody else (as far as I heard/read) would prefer Slann. But I like the look and the theme. And I dont think frogs should play Bloodbowl.
So anybody has any idea?
They don't have to be frogs, you know. The original slann didn't look THAT much like frogs. (In fact, I'm pretty sure it was BB that played up the similarity.) But anyway, they could be any sort of alien. Impact carries a cheap resin version of more alienesque slann that I like pretty well.

As above, GW hasn't made Kislev models for at least 15 years or so. Lots of historical cossacks around if you want to try converting them.