Aino's Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Aino's Chaos Pact

Post by nonumber »

Maaaan this team is going to be awesome!

Reason: ''
"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Had a quiet evening last night... so some progress to show:

Firstly "Bulldog" finished. Unfortunately he got a -1 ST last game so he's getting kicked from the team. Anyhow I'm quite please how he turned out, especially since it was a spur of the moment thing and didn't have him planned in my headd like Crabman for example..

Bulldog out, I needed a new marauder to take his place. Somewhere in the beginning you can see a port of the former whiparm miniature I had in line to becaume a marauder... Well he's to be called Deff "Scorpio" from now on Here's what her currently looks like (picture is not awesome though)

Last update is a WIP on Montgomery "Python"
Much more work on this one than I'd want The snake body was horrybly miscast, so I needed to greestuf a new belly (which went ok) and scales on the head (less ok)

Please feel free to give suggestions ideas and comments !

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

nonumber wrote:Maaaan this team is going to be awesome!
your comment made my day !
Thank you!
W

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:You keep bees? Kick-ass! :D

Also your mutated freakazoids are looking pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as a swarm of sweet honey-producing insects of glorious doom! :smoking:
Keeping bees is great Nothing better that that to break away from 8 hours behind a computer/desk. Lovely to be in touch with nature... The honey is a welcome extra as well ;)

W

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Aino wrote:

Also your mutated freakazoids are looking pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as a swarm of sweet honey-producing insects of glorious doom! :smoking:
Keeping bees is great Nothing better that that to break away from 8 hours behind a computer/desk. Lovely to be in touch with nature... The honey is a welcome extra as well ;)

W
That does it; you must come to the Dutch Open next year and bring the glorious sweetness that is honey! :D

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

The two new figures are great. I particularly like the snakeman! What is the source of the snake parts?

Can your dog boy be recycled as a new marauder? It would be a shame to discard him.

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

axiom wrote:The two new figures are great. I particularly like the snakeman! What is the source of the snake parts?

Can your dog boy be recycled as a new marauder? It would be a shame to discard him.
Had to look it up. Was quite sure it was a Citadel miniature but didn't buy him myself, so...
It's a "Coatl" from 1985 it seems:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat198509cj ... 027-01.htm
Collectors may go mad knowing we cut up these miniatures I guess :lol:

Dog Boy is still a live an kicking ;) Bulldog will be recycled at some point off course. Just took the opportunity/motivation to make another marauder in order to progress...

W

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Personally I like it when people take old minis and give them a new lease of life. Otherwise they will just languish in boxes for a few more decades. Nice one.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:
Aino wrote:

W
That does it; you must come to the Dutch Open next year and bring the glorious sweetness that is honey! :D
When is the next Dutch Open ?
I'll tell my wife it's an international honey sale rather than a BB tournament... should work better ;)

W

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Aino wrote: When is the next Dutch Open ?
I'll tell my wife it's an international honey sale rather than a BB tournament... should work better ;)

W
It's always the weekend of the Superbowl, which is either the last weekend of january or the first weekend of february; in 2015, probably the weekend of 31-01/01-02. And as it's in Amsterdam, I'm sure mrs. Aino will find something fun to do while you push little figurines around and roll weird dice! :D

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Update on the team results:
Won my second game! 2-1 versus Dark Elves. They drew first blood and scored 0-1 (they were receiving) turn 5.
My Mino screamed revenge and made 2 cas by half time and another one by mid second half. Crabman also made a cas in the first half still enabling me to easily control the game due to the dark elves being severely outnumbered. The goblin scored 1 TD turn 8 and Python scored the winning touchdown.

Mino and Python both get a skill (normal); Juggernaught and Leader I guess...

W

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Great job converting those!
Looking forward for more of those updates!
:)

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

Great theme, and team. Let's see some of the big guys.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

gninocker wrote:Great theme, and team. Let's see some of the big guys.
Haven't started on those just yet.
I'm very scared of screwing up the big guys. My fear has gotten worse due to screwing up the goblin too...
I also don't have any real plan for those except using old greater deamons (Great unclean one as troll, Keeper of Secrets as mino and Bloodthirster as Ogre).
Those will probably be the 3 last players I do, I'm afraid

W

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

I've played yesterday against this team :)

The python and the bullgod are really GREAT. And the best of all is clearly the crabman ! (my 3 favorite figurine so far)

Many "dog like" finally in your team :lol:
but Danny "Dog Boy" looks more "GW-skaven" than the fig you used as skaven (a 2nd edition skaven?)

Imo the Troll looks too nurgle for the moment (i don't know if you could try to put on him a "GW-troll-head", you know the stupid GW-trolls :lol: and keep all rest very nurgle style), and the crocodile too saurus (that fig was great, but it's not a chaotic figurine at the end :( i would try with another head for this one)

i wish your team will be ready for the Eur'Open!

and please, give the corresping skill or mutation. Your Python is leader-born, your Danny Dog deserved two-head, your 4-arms darkelves will need the skill extra-arms, etc...
anyway, i think you wish to build many CPoMBers in your team with all those claw around ;)

GOOD LUCK with painting as well :)