What are you painting Right Now?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Re: What are you painting Right Now?

Post by Lecter1972 »

Deleted

Reason: ''
My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Where did that last skelly come from? You holding out on me, mate :(

Nice paint work, simon!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

bound for glory wrote:Where did that last skelly come from? You holding out on me, mate :(

Nice paint work, simon!
Not at all

That's an old Rykar miniature from back when he was doing the Mutant Beastman and Mutant Skaven conversions (4 or 5 years ago?)

I am not sure if it is an original sculpt or a conversion and it's quite a large model it's much bigger than the Khonsu skeleton he did for me

I think he called it a Skeleton Werewolf

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Its really cool in a strange way.

I will have to ask Rykar if he has any more in hand. I bought his LAST "sharkman" team.

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Also, now that my mate Simon is showing off his mad painting skills, I will post some of mine(when the wife gets up and takes the pictures...)

Nice paint work, mate!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

I did a test-lineman for my 2016 basegame humans, which was inspired by AoS Stormcast Eternals, so lots of gold! This is the first time I didn't just dip my miniatures but rather did a "proper" paintjob. Hopefully three coats of clear finish will provide enough protection...

The team will be called "Eternal Warriors", which is a bit tacky, but so is painting most of your armour gold, so what do you expect? The posh gold also kind of works for human nobility if that is ever iterated on enough to be a quality roster.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YGMwB (forgot to properly downscale the pictures, so here is the imgur link)

I have to say that painting this guy really made me fall in love with the 2016 humans, they are a lot better than I expected. Nicely detailed, but not overly so, which makes them lots of fun to paint without being a chore (at least for an inexperienced painter like me). Now I only need to find some time to get on with the rest of the team. Next up is probably a Catcher as that model is rather nice looking. It is competing with the Blitzer, though.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Nice work, Deathrain! I'll slowly be returning to painting at some point, and I hope my minis turn out as nice as that. I managed to get most of the Dwarf team primed, but then I've stalled again.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

faust_33 wrote:I managed to get most of the Dwarf team primed, but then I've stalled again.
:lol: This may be the funniest, if unintended, pun in I've read in this forum.... :lol:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Nice work on the Human, Deatrain!

And welcome!

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Digger Goreman wrote:
faust_33 wrote:I managed to get most of the Dwarf team primed, but then I've stalled again.
:lol: This may be the funniest, if unintended, pun in I've read in this forum.... :lol:
Thanks Digger! Totally unintended, but made me laugh after you pointed it out! :lol:

Jim O'Connor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jim O'Connor »

Hi, new to the forum. I don't get much time to paint etc so any uploads will be few and far between but here are a few bits I've been working on recently. I have a bit of an attention span problem (no medical thing just get bored quickly) so I tend to switch between teams depending on my mood....luckily I have a lot of teams in my collection that I need to paint. sorry bout the quality of the photos...like me my phone camera struggles to focus.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

just need the rain to stop and i will be able to clear coat and add static grass to my Zara conversion.

she started life as a 40K Succubus. did some very light conversion work and added a BB2016 Human Thrower head.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

@Jim O'Connor - that's a really nice looking Treeman. I like those Khemri too. Those sculpts made me want to try out my first Khemri team. Unfortunately, I quickly gave up when I found out that I couldn't even pick up the ball!

@mikey - nice conversion! The helmet/head swap really pulls it off. You also make those red, white, and blue colors really work. I've never been able to pull that off. What manufacturer of paints are you using? They look nice and vibrant.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

thanks. it's kind of surprising how well the head swap worked. i have been using vallejo game color paint for a number of years now. i like them a lot. i just primed gray, and did a fairly simple paint job choosing some bright colors. i purposefully dialed down the paint level on this mini, so it isn't super detailed, and the highlights are minimal, but it looks good. as i have a well documented hatred of painting minis, i had to find a balance between what my OCD would allow me to live with, and the amount of time i could spend that my sanity could stand. :)
i think this level will be what i shoot for from now on. she is more than good enough for table top play, and i don't feel like i spent so much time on her that i was torturing myself.
i am kind of debating attempting some blood splatter on the end of the stakes, though.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Jim O'Connor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jim O'Connor »

@faust_33 thanks the tree man is a G.W tree Ent from the Lord of the Rings range with lots of green stuff, some extra branches from dryads and an owl thrown in for the fun of it, managed to squeeze him onto a fairly small base (about the size of the old school Zug or Thrudd's base) so it's fairly usable, just wanted a treeman that towers above the other minis and liked the idea of making something unique. I've heard khemri are a difficult team to play as but have never tried them, I just really liked the look of the models and the simple paint scheme is good for when I feel like painting but don't want to put too much effort in.
@mikeyc222 that Zara the Slayer is really nicely converted, I bought a Zara off of eBay recently and it cost me about £30 :-?