Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Another addition to our super affordable plastic resin teams.

This project was all my business partner Chris Adkerson idea and effort to get the team made. While we originally thought we'd be selling the team by January ... after going through 3 sculptors to get the figures correct ... we are really happy to have the team finished, looking incredible and ready for sale.

http://www.impactminiatures.net/index.p ... id=TC_AMZN

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Glowworm

Re: Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

Post by Glowworm »

Order placed..... :D

Looks like Crumb-Bowl has another prize!!

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Sv: Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

Post by el Superbeasto »

Nice looking Amazon team. Good job! Just wish it had more individual poses. (And bigger tits... :lol: )

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

They look very cool, congrats!
:D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Sv: Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

Post by Darkson »

el Superbeasto wrote:Just wish it had more individual poses.
+1

That said, I think I finally have a Amazon team. I might look at getting a couple of the Necrom ones as alternative figs for positions, but this will make up the bulk.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

For me the necrom ones are nicer minis, however as a budget option you can't really argue at a 16 player team for under £25! Will most likely grab a set of these when I order the gnomes

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Really cant argue for the price. Positionals are distinctive and there are 3 different linewomen. Think thw sculpts are lovely and will be buying some for my wife in the near future

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Sv: Impact! releases 16 player $35 Amazon team

Darkson wrote:
el Superbeasto wrote:Just wish it had more individual poses.
+1
Its a matter of budget as sculpting is the most expensive part of creating a new team. My rule of thumb is I'm fine playing any team which does not repeat a figure more than twice. This team was originally scheduled to be a 14 player team. The TFF folks responded that the team really should be the full 16 so we worked to fullfill that request. It did mean two of the linewomen ended up in the team 3 times which was more than planned or I like as a result.

Keep in mind that offering the team at $35 means we need to sell many of them just for the profit to cover the cost of making one sculpt so the 7 poses in the team is a side effect of us now offering the most affordable full 16 player teams on the market.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

I like different poses but think that for $35 you are getting a great deal. I think Tom is really hitting a niche with these teams as it makes blood bowl more affordable than ever. Thanks Tom and keep up the good work

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's just because the sculpt are so good I'd like to see more!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
arakolla
Rookie
Rookie

Post by arakolla »

Darkson wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's just because the sculpt are so good I'd like to see more!
I agree!

I'm amazed a lot of quality at low prices!

I think I'll take it, I can customize the pieces or insert other singles like a star player
great job Tom!
give us the opportunity to realize a dream: having all the teams that we like to play.

thank you!

snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

Great team (bether than necrom :wink: ) !

Do you plan to make more positional sell separatly in the future ?

I understand the concept of 35$ team and it's great but I don't like to play with identical positionnals (no problem for linemen).

If I buy this team, I have to find alternatives conversions for positional clones.
In my case It would be easier and cheaper to buy a "no positional clone team" for $55 instead of $35 + 4 other mini to convert.

It's just my personnal point of view.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

snakees wrote:Do you plan to make more positional sell separatly in the future ?
If the team sells really well we can look at having 4 more sculpts made and selling them as an expansion pack. We would be looking at at almost $2000 investment to make this expansion pack of 4 figures ... so we'd need to be selling a lot of Amazon teams to justify the expense. If we have an opening in our planning ... I might be able to try a KickStarter for it. But we have a couple active projects we need to get out to KickStarter first.
I understand the concept of 35$ team and it's great but I don't like to play with identical positionnals

If I buy this team, I have to find alternatives conversions for positional clones.
In my case It would be easier and cheaper to buy a "no positional clone team" for $55 instead of $35 + 4 other mini to convert.

It's just my personnal point of view.
Where are you finding a 16 player Amazon team with 8 different postional sculpts for $55? Cheapest I've seen right now is $130 which is the Necron team which has 8 unique positionals. Shadowforge has a team with 6 sculpts for the 8 positionals which goes for around $75.90 for 16 players and GW's only had 4 sculpts for the 8 positionals and its out of print so your Ebay price for it varies.

Not trying to be confrontational at all snakees ... just your post really confused me. Its just we carry other company's minis ... so if you have a no positional clone 16 player team for $55 ... I'm just curious who makes it as we might want to add it to our store.

Tom

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

I really like this team, and think it's an absolute bargain. I plan on eventually getting figures for every team, and whilst some have been filled by getting 2ed figures on eBay, it's nice to know there are these better value options out there.
I'm not on schedule for an Amazon team for a year or two, but will be surprised if there is a better option by then. And if there are a few extra sculpts by then, so much the better. Good work Impact fellas.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Duder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duder »

I love this team. I have been struggling to find an acceptable Amazon team. I don't like the GW ones and find the other options to look like the cast of a swimsuit calendar.

I love these models. They look tough, like Amazon warriors, are modest enough that my wife won't roll her eyes at me, and $35...WOW. Great work Impact. I can't wait to get the team!