Da-hjup Frozen Flames : Chaos Pact WIP

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Da-hjup Frozen Flames : Chaos Pact WIP

Post by nonumber »

So so awesome!!

Reason: ''
"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Thanks everyone. Glad people like the choice of marauder models. I wondered if anyone would grouse since they definitely look like AV9... but many marauder figs I see are basically Norse figs that are clearly AV7, so we all have to look past some things. :) Besides, my rationale is that the plate mail armor is made by the local copper baron, Superrior Copperheart, who owns the team... and copper platemail doesn't quite take a beating, y'know?

Anyway, the troll Mighty Mac is nearly done, just needs some highlights on his wrist-spikes, that claw-thing in his right fist, and the bandage on his ankle.

Also had to start work on the skaven Germfask Scuttlecraft, since he leveled up in the Frozen Flames' first league game (a 2-2 tie vs. the woodies of Elfin Whimsy):
That's a pretty good eye for me! Looking forward to cleaning it up at the highlight stage.

Group shots, with a better look at the Mino:

Hopefully I'll finish the rat tonight for game #2 tomorrow night. The probably the DElf next, since he's at 5spp. :wink:

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Oh, and seeking advice: since I ought to brush on varnish tonight for the game tomorrow, I've got this nutty idea to mix types: gloss on the armor, satin on leather, and matte on cloth, skin and fur. Does anyone do that? Is it worth the trouble? I tried it last night on one of the test mannequins I showed in the OP and the effect was not very noticeable, but maybe that was because he was painted pretty flatly? Any advice here?

Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

Bad ass.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

So much for slow painting that may take years. :wink:

I've done brush on gloss on armour pieces before, and while it can look cool I wouldn't do it on this team. You will lose some of your very nice highlighting and blending that you have.

ImageImage
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

I like the looks of this team, especially the yellow & blue color scheme.

However, my wife is from the UP and after 30 years of marriage there are two things I can tell you.
1. The Finnlander accent is only the western half. The east is German.
2. They will laugh at you (or worse) for using worlds like 'desolate' and 'artic'. You sir are definitely a troll. I'll let them tell you what that means. :D

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

These are looking really nice. The colour scheme works well. I like your human team too.

Olaf the Stout

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Xtreme wrote:So much for slow painting that may take years. :wink:
What you see is the result of unsustainable single-minded obsession. What you don't see are the areas of my life I'm currently neglecting. :zzz:

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Lychanthrope wrote:However, my wife is from the UP and after 30 years of marriage there are two things I can tell you.
1. The Finnlander accent is only the western half. The east is German.
2. They will laugh at you (or worse) for using worlds like 'desolate' and 'artic'. You sir are definitely a troll. I'll let them tell you what that means. :D
I'll beg poetic license and real world-fantasy world conflation for 'acrtic'; as for 'desolate', as far as it means 'barely populated' I think I can defend my word usage! :smoking: (Still my better judgment tells me not to get on the wrong side of the spouse of a lycanthrope ... :wink: )

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

They look like a swedish team to me. Very cool painting! :D

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Forgot to post the pics of my finished rat, Germfask Scuttlecraft (now with Wrestle!):
My highlights were a little out on control on this one, I think I managed to cover up every bit of the mid-range gray on his loincloth :oops: so I may go back and re-do that someday.

Had a perfect 70 degree, 30% humidity day, so these guys all have 4 coats of varnish now:
(as do that Human team in the OP, since they have a date at Zlurpee Bowl in a week!)

Dark Elf Phoenix Sundown did in fact level up my last league game (Dodge) so he's got base coats and shading for Game 3 tonight. No pics yet, though, as I had to take a break to work on a fan for a certain famous darf team.

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

Nice :) great colors, esp. the troll skin, and love these older minis.

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Thanks! There's a little bit of purple mixed into just the highlights.

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

Great team, bravo !

Some like the troll skin, I'm personally in love with the mino's one. It has soft hair ? Can I caress ? :oops:

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Snuck a peak at some of these in your case while you were playing last weekend, they look really great.

ImageImage