Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Milo »

Stompie wrote:Slowly getting there. About five hours' work done in about five sessions late at night. Unfortunately my water effect has dried up after a year of no use, so cannot make the guts slimey. Also am told they should be pink and not white but hey. This is a fantastic model. Paints itself. Only thought is he looks like an ingenious Lord of evil and not someone who suffers from really stupid
Call him "Really Evil" and just say that he spends those turns he fails the roll laughing menacingly.

Reason: ''
Milo

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Stompie wrote:Also am told they should be pink and not white
Are you serious?
They don't have a problem with the mini being a heavily mutated spawn of pestilencial chaos, the don't worry about the beast still smiling although the guts hang out of a ripped open belly, the green skins is also normal and all the horns growing in several locations are just fine but they worry about the guts being white, not pink?

What kind of strange people are you hanging out with? :o

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

My wife's a doctor.

She said it looks grim.

And the guts are not painted anatomically correctly.

Everyone's a critic.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Stompie wrote:My wife's a doctor.

She said it looks grim.

And the guts are not painted anatomically correctly.

Everyone's a critic.
How does she know? Has she treated many demons?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Well, the NHS is free at the point of access, no questions asked, even if you are a demon. So there must have been a couple.

But I must say, my other half is very supportive of my hobby. When we last moved house around twenty years' worth of miniature acquisitions came forth from every cupboard, shelf and room in the house and were put in one pile. Even I was embarrassed at its size. She never said a word. We packed them and so they didn't get smashed by the movers she drove em all in a special journey to their new home (two journeys that was). So they can sit in a garage...

Anyway, my local BB club is putting more time and effort into its open season for people who want regular pick up games without the burden of a weekly league. So more of the minis should see the light of day.

This week I got the Green Ratz minis and some of the Meiko Norse. They are both excellent. See below. Particularly I think Meiko has seriously upped it game. The minis are detailed but not too much for people who don't want to spend five hours painting a single 32mm mini. I think some manufacturer get carried away with hat digital design allows. I like it when they aim for broadly what a 1990s mini would have. That's why I parted with the otherwise exquisite Sukubus dark elves. I may use the snow troll as Icepelt on occasion but usually as the warp stone troll for my underworld. Along with the Green Ratz. I'm not sure about their troll (which had a half rat; half troll head).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Well, I'm trying to paint Barik Farblast as the last dwarf star player I need. Doubt he's much good but playing uphill has been the only way I've managed to persuade most members of my local BB club to play dwarfs (we are the home of that irrational dwarf hater, Heff).

Halfway through all creations, I believe all artists are in despair at their work. I am in more than despair. These are great Pedro Ramos sculpts well casted.

And they don't look great. I hope that shading and basing will at least elevate them in the end.

We do play in a darkened pub. Which helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I'm going for a black and white motif. Kind of like this guy. But I don't have the nerves or painting time to paint his leather armour in black and white checks.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Modelling time has been minimal of late. Loads of work and family commitments. And all of these Kickstarters from the past year are rocking up. So the Iron Golems one came. These are the humans I'll be running as some kind of fully red painted Children of the Red God team like from Game of Thrones. I.e. Not such nice humans. That means maybe I can use my chaos ogre with four arms? Like he's some kind of manifestation of R'llor on earth or something - give his skin a reddish tinge...?

Also, the conversion will be the new Nurgle star player - just with a flaming head.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Given limited hobby time, this is a mostly done conversion chaos pact lineman. Need to green stuff between a few cracks and put a kind of leather knuckle duster over the weapon snip bits...

Regash

Post by Regash »

Stompie wrote:a mostly done conversion chaos pact lineman
That looks quite awesome!
I like it when simple conversions make such an impression!
Great job!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Stompie wrote:Given limited hobby time, this is a mostly done conversion chaos pact lineman. Need to green stuff between a few cracks and put a kind of leather knuckle duster over the weapon snip bits...
Stompie, is this figure the "ref" from Herasy? The one that is holding a human(?) and about to punch his lights out?

If so, how about I commission you to make me one? I can buy the figure and you can convert it?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

bound for glory wrote:
Stompie wrote:Given limited hobby time, this is a mostly done conversion chaos pact lineman. Need to green stuff between a few cracks and put a kind of leather knuckle duster over the weapon snip bits...
Stompie, is this figure the "ref" from Herasy? The one that is holding a human(?) and about to punch his lights out?

If so, how about I commission you to make me one? I can buy the figure and you can convert it?
Lol. It's not the ref. It's a Heresy mini I don't think is for sale any more that was very similar but just a huge barbarian smacking a human. It would be criminal to take your money...

The only "conversion" work was sticking on the tentacle and hand. The helmet came with the set. I never exactly sawed anything off. My green stuffing is awful. It looks literally like someone put putty over a gap, like dodgy bathroom work. Hoping a paint scheme one day in the distant future will cover it all up. All I now need is to develop a ST4 tentacles and horns chaos pact lineman. Would anyone ever do that if they got to 30spps? Now I do actually have on one team a block St4 chaos pact lineman. Would it ever be a good idea to give him tentacles or horns. Id give him claw to be a killer or extra arms to be an annoying ball carrier...

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The Paladins of Pestilence play a human team of broadly similar TV (1100). They resist a drive with no touchdowns. In the second half they form a cage and start grinding down the humies. Then in turns three and four the humies' block and x2 mighty blow take off all but four of the Paladins (with beast of nurgle taken off too). They lose the ball. Gummies score in final turn. Hopefully some skills will help the team as it slowly develops. Pic of the Paladin's beast taking an ogre from behind...with a block.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

The Paladin's wizard, not engaged for the game, goes and hangs out with some cheerleaders. More in hope than anything else.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Efforts to make the J bone frogs slowly start.