Gladio Dwarfs on IndieGoGo

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Gladio Dwarfs on IndieGoGo

Post by Jelmer »

I see there is no topic for this team, which will be funded through IndieGoGo yet: http://www.indiegogo.com/rolljordangladio?a=1718873

This looks very promissing!

The team is sculpted by a professional historic sculptor, and will be limited only to 250 teams. Team will come with a numbered certificate or special numbered coin. Depending on finding more items/players will be added.

Reason: ''
Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gladio Dwarfs on IndieGoGo

Post by neilnickson »

They are nice minis but I think the problem they will have/ are having with funding is the very recent similar offering made by EFS through Kickstarter. How many people want two similar looking teams? (How many people called Heff want any dwarves at all!) Also the sketches aren't very clear and don't give enough idea of the finished product yet (those three pictures an obvious exception). One of them appears to show a WW1 tank? :-?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yeah I'm not interested. I guess if you had the Roman dwarfs you could get these for beard on beard matches. And play 16 turn halfs to give them a chance to develop an interesting play...

Slinky
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slinky »

Already have Roman Dwarves. Don't need more.

And considering this is being run by the guy that is the main person for causing the Impact!/Gaspez issue two years ago combined with forcing Rolljordan to become Greebo to remove itself from his taint. Really have better places to spend my money anyway to one of the several mini companies that have done some good for the community.

Also I am pretty sure that in the BB indie mini manufacturer community, 250 copies of an indie made BB team are not limited edition at all. From hearing from the mini makers on the forums over the years, 250 is one of those goals you hope a team sells in its lifetime for the little companies that service the community. So the 250 limited edition is a bit of a misleader as well.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Caligola is not Latin, but Italian.
The right Latin nickname is Caligula.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Slinky wrote: And considering this is being run by the guy that is the main person for causing the Impact!/Gaspez issue two years ago combined with forcing Rolljordan to become Greebo to remove itself from his taint. Really have better places to spend my money anyway to one of the several mini companies that have done some good for the community.
Ohhhh, I didn't know that had ever been confirmed. Always had my suspicions about the "message" that set off that whole issue, though. Interesting!

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Not sure what you guys are talking about, i just wanted to share this, since there was not a topic about this yet.

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

What Slinky said in his 2nd paragraph. Add in that I didn't like the Roman dwarfs, and these really don't interest me.
But even if they did, wouldn't touch the "new" Rolljordan with a bargepole.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

Yep is me, the bad bad guy. In the end, all I did was to post by mistake the message from Gaspez on the global mail for Rolljordan (note it was a public notice and publically viewable), I was mailing the message to a friend and by mistake it was pasted in the wrong account. I am sure someone else would have read it, and a whole thing was going to blow up on TFF anyhow. And no one ever asked me what happened, and I didn’t realize it until the next day. I first thought I got hacked and when I realized what happened it was too late and got the blame (for such a terrible crime…) believe me people do just a lot worst things and no one ever sees it ;). All my friends know the whole story and how I got screwed by many unexpected people in this business. I was expecting this reaction upon my return. And remember what you do you get back, and I seriously believe in this.

Now back to the horrible team that Darkson will not even touch with a pole. As for the release it was planned for a full new line in 2013. As said also by Lorenzo I personally thought about this team in late 2010, only the fact that someone else listed it forced me to move faster. The models listed are only previews and the models are not even the definitive ones. It will be 15 models all different, 2 special weapons, 1 death Throne, a coach and Nero. I hope to have more models listed by next week.
As for the 250 runs it may go down to 150, I am still debating it. Since I am still calculating prices and options. The Legio Dwarf team sold over 400 sets up to mid 2011, so 250 is not in my opinion it is limited.

The team is fully paid for, and will be done with or with out the Indiegogo, I thought it was fun to try it just for fun.
Chris

P.S. Now you can destroy my post and dilapidate me  I deserve it.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

How about Roman Norse,or elves,or Orcs or undead, or anything other than more Farming Roman dwarves. IT IS DONE. Seems as soon as people start thinking about fantasy/historic mash ups they go OOOH ROMANS would make GREAT DWARVES. Sheesh its annoying. Do a CARTHAGINIAN or MACEDONIAN or SELEUCID or ASSYRIAN (if you like the beards) Dwarf team but ffs be ORIGINAL. To top it all you have ALREADY Farming done this with your legio team so why do it again. :pissed:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I only have one question. Not here to comment outside of my one question.

Why does the female Dwarf Slayer have her one breast hanging out? Not a slam ... a question. I personally do not buy any minatures that are bare breasted. Not the limited edition Valentina in Greebo, not the Kaylee from Hasslefree, or the Dark Elves and some of the Cheerleaders from Gaspez. So its not a comment about any brand ... it is a personal decision regarding mini design.

However for the game of fantasy football ... a woman playing bare breasted seems nuts. The skin is more tender and the flesh is fat based instead of muscle like it could be on a Norse Lineman and the swinging around would be destracting as hell to the female player (this a quote from my wife). I already have a Legio Dwarf team in my collection ... even have the now out of print Chariot that the team once had. But I cannot include this team in my "to get" column for my collection as I would not even display it with a bare breasted Dwarf in the mini mix.

PLEASE NOTE: I'd write this same post REGARDLESS of what company was making the team. So this for me is a question about design choices. I'm abstaining from commenting on anything outside of the design choice question.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

Tom,

I gave the sculptor some guide lines, the girl is the only female member of the team, she is naked or almost since she is a frenzied female seeking the action, The sculptor, interpreted her as running in frenzy so one breast fell out of the shirt. Note this is the only female in the team, and it was the sculptor idea. I had no cal on it :) even if I can't say I didn't agree. The team will be limited in the sense that when bought you can get any combination of players, so if someone doesn't want the naked female it can get two male slayers. Once the 150/250 mark is reached of full teams sold (12/16 players) the molds will be destroyed and the remaining models will be melted. Only 5 or few more models will be made for masters, and these remaining teams will be donated to the various tournaments as support (always done it and will continue to support the community). All teams will have a hand numbered coin with it, a small certificate and special colored bases.

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

Heff wrote:How about Roman Norse,or elves,or Orcs or undead, or anything other than more Farming Roman dwarves. IT IS DONE. Seems as soon as people start thinking about fantasy/historic mash ups they go OOOH ROMANS would make GREAT DWARVES. Sheesh its annoying. Do a CARTHAGINIAN or MACEDONIAN or SELEUCID or ASSYRIAN (if you like the beards) Dwarf team but ffs be ORIGINAL. To top it all you have ALREADY Farming done this with your legio team so why do it again. :pissed:
Heff,

First I love Dwarfs :) I own a full line of GW dwarfs dating form the late 70's, I just can't resist them.

I have another 6 teams coming, one is the Nippo Goblin (revealed by Lorenzo on another post so no longer a surprise), I had to stop it since I noticed Lorenzo was coming out with the ones I had the idea for last year or in 2010 don't recall, the looney, bombard, chain sword and some other he is doing where all my ideas and a few where sculpted for me under my directions. I did it on purpose to avoid damaging his project and overlapping two identical teams, mine will be released in Jan/Feb and will be top notch sculpts, top notch castings and limited again... they are 30% done from the same sculptor and with better designs that we had for the dwarfs. And the teams you mentioned above may be in the bucket. As for Norse or human Romans or similar I avoided it on purpose, since Impact has his human team.

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

You mean Pompea is a woman? :o :o :o

I don't think she would be my first choice if I ever were to go to a night club to pick up some fun for the night.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Nothing personal buddy, but these do nothing for me, and as others have said are directly competing with two near-identical teams already on the market. I don't see much point throwing good money after bad in pursuing this even if the kickstarter doesn't reach your tatget, but I suppose that's your decision and I'm not going to dissuade you from it now.

I'd also advise that your signature is slightly inflammatory. I can sympathise with your version of events and the need you feel to voice your side of things, but attempts to package yourself as the victim suggest that you are failing to grasp the impact of your error on the livelihoods of others. A little humble pie might be a little easier to take than outright bullishness.

Still, good luck with your new projects, I always want to see people doing well in pursuing their passions. As above, unfortunately on this occasion I won't be supporting the project as, if I wanted a dwarf gladiator team, I no doubt would already have one since there are already two perfectly servicable lines on the market. Ditto japanese goblins. Why no-one is kickstarting a hobbit team though, with the film release imminent and a shortage of good models for halflings anywhere, is quite beyond me.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co