Manupacturer's Fact- Woody's Pact (pic heavy).

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Manupacturer's Fact- Woody's Pact (pic heavy).

Post by Deathwing »

Bit of time today, so got around to taking some pics of my Pact team. Some of them aren't very good quality, but anyway:

Team shot, far too bright but thought I'd stick it in anyway:

Marauders by Gaspez Arts:

The last guy above obviously isn't Gaspez, it's an old GW marauder upper torso married to a pair of gorkamorka legs that I did years ago, was toying with the idea of a norse team. Thought I might as well paint him up, still short of non-mutated marauders.

'Marauder' by Impact!. Anubis thrower; I'm developing a passing Marauder in league play, he fits the bill perfectly. In tournament play I like to take Leader early, so he fills that role too:

Big Boris 'Marauder' from Heresy; if I ever roll a +1 ST, he's my man. Had to find a team for him sometime!

Troll and Mino; 2e GW: Went with these for scale reasons, they sit very nicely on 30mm bases (and fit 25mm), Arms by the side works well for space reasons too. I'm not overly happy with the troll (just not a fan of that particular mini) and he'll be replaced with a neomics troll when I get around to it. Down and stunned counters protect paint work, make space and are a bit of fun. :) Hacked up a troll and some plastic warhammer quest minos to make them:

Ogre; Thrud by GW. I love the mini and what else can you use him for nowdays? :) Downed counters are spare Ogre heads from Heresy:

Elf; another one from Impact! (Night Elf Striker). I really wasn't keen initially, actually painted him up as a stop-gap, but once he had a lick of paint I changed my mind, I think he fits the team really well. A grower. :) :

Skaven; I like to play WYSIWYG as much as possible, so I have a 'standard' Rat (Impact! Ratmen Thrower) and a mutated 'Extra Arms' Rat. The mutated rat is Linerat "Gerbille" from Green Dog figurines with an extra arm conversion. I went with that one in particular because of the 3 point stance. (There's not enough of them out there IMO!). The Impact! Ratmen Thrower I think is wonderfully dynamic, bit of care needed to assemble and precision pinned for added support, but well worth the effort:

Goblin: Eolith Limited edition by Steve Buddle. I've got scores of goblins kicking around, but despite being quite pricey for a small piece of resin I had to have this one. The best FF goblin sculpt out there in my opinion. (Sadly Eolith is no more, but the silver lining is that it looks like Steve will be going back to more 28mm scale figures. Hopefully we'll see more FF!).

Re-roll counters: Succubi from Andy at Heresy, Demon Child from Hasslefree Miniatures; I love the succubi. I was sooo tempted to paint them coloured flesh tones, a la red devil and blue 'Dragon Age Desire Demon' sort of shades, but went with the flesh to match the team better. (So I bought some more! :) ). The Demon Child is just cute and serves as the Leader reroll:

Cheerleader: Heresy again. This is a minor conversion of the Feral Priestess Queen. It's a pretty imposing figure, so I had to cut down the hooves a little just to take off 4-5mm of height. Bit of chopping of the weapon as well:

Finally the fan. I just love this; great fun. It's a resin piece from a French company called Studio 38, comes from a range they produce for a street brawl game. Actually it's slightly big for 28mm, and not strictly part of this particular team. But anyway, I'll tag him on here, even though he's more of a generic team personal turn marker:

Whew! Turned out to be the biggest and most complete team I've ever done. Counting the fan, 7 different manufacturers represented and I haven't worked out how many sculptors!

Still to come, head coach from Rolljordan/Greebo (which is a WIP slight conversion and will likely end up being a small vignette) and an Apoth (unsourced, may look to find something from another company, Reaper perhaps?). Plus the change of troll to Neomics, so should end up with 9 or 10 different manufacturers. That's pretty cool! :)

Edit: So here's the coach: Eurobowl were-Cockerel from Greebo, goblin ref from Goblinforge, vulture from Impact! Liked the Cockerel figure, but it's far too fragile to actually use as a gaming piece, so added a clipboard to make him a player coach. The gobbo ref just seemed to fit perfectly. Quite fun to do, hopefully the intended humour comes across... harking back to the Argue The Call rules...

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=home
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/index.htm
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/
http://www.figurines-studio38.com/default.html
http://www.greendogfigurines.blogspot.com/
http://www.gaspez-arts.com/

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Re: Manupacturer's Fact- Woody's Pact (pic heavy).

Post by Norse »

nice looking team Woody - great to see you back in the swing of things after what seems a very long hiatus in the painting wilderness.. I love the fact you have made a Pact team from a Pact of different companies. Overall the painting is strong and the theme carried well throughout, great job!

I would personally have shaded the recesses a little more deeply, but that's about it..

special mention for the belt buckles.. lovely attention to detail to have iris, pupil and dot of reflection as well.. just need some gloss varnish on those m8!

also a special mention for the prone and stunned markers, good idea and well executed.

9/10 from Norse.. 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thanks Ramz. Yep, bit of gloss varnish here and there is on the 'to-do' list, need some on the spilled beer and maybe a touch on the bloody knee of the fan too.
Still a bit of finishing required elsewhere, the ratmen thrower needs pupils for a start. :roll:

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

A truly superb team. I really liked them when I saw them 'in the flesh' at Spiky and ARBBL.

lauth81
Star Player
Star Player

Post by lauth81 »

I really like the idea for big guy prone/stunned counters!

The deepest voice in Blood Bowl (according to Pippy)
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

love that goblin mini!

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

Great team! FWIW, I like your troll...and though it might go without saying, the goblin is top notch.

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

holy mollies that's a lot of painting you've done for one team and the fig selection is incredible. You're right, that goblin is the best FF mini I've seen. I always wanted to see the impact anubis with flesh colours. Just so much great stuff here to see. Even a display tray.

Awesome team.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

long time not see... nice team. :D

I like those different counters and the use of different companies minis, too!

About the size of the team... urgh...
reminds me of my RJ frogs with the updated blitzers i still have to paint. :roll:
Just ordered some nice swamp-theme-bases...

Traveller

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

well done woody, easy enough: well done

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thanks all for kind comments. I'll come back and edit when team gets updated/finished.

Urb: The 'display tray' is a bit of a misnomer, it's more of a 'transport tray'. Didn't have a figure case for ARBBL, so ordered some magnets from Impact! thinking I'd stick them on a bit of metal and put them on the passenger seat. Then I thought 'if I drill some holes in a bit of hardboard and glue that on it'd be a little more secure'.... then 'why not add some grass?'. About a 30 mile trip, but drive was door to door...
Worked well apart from some f**ker pulling out in front of me at a roundabout... then I had to slam on the brakes... at which point the mino failed his animosity roll, pitched forward and knocked a marauder into the passenger footwell. Horns...broken arm...you get the gist.. :)
I now have a figure case. :oops:
Tray's still great for moving team between tables at tournies (no more balancing a team on a cardboard dug out. Must magnetize other teams!) Took under two hours to knock together... was simply intended as a practical thing... I might yet tart it up to 'display tray' status though... distracted with weather gobbos atm.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Very cool looking team and nice choice of minis!
Congrats!
A.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thread necromancy! :) Finally finished up the coach...pics added to the original post. :)

Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

The coach/ref diorama is friggin amazing. Love it!

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

thats a bitchin' team you have there. great figure selection. thats why i like having a bunch of figures to choose from.

Rick Sanchez lives!