GreenDog Figurines - Besmirch Dwarves

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

GreenDog Figurines - Besmirch Dwarves

Post by Pakulkan »

Here you have, news from GDF. A new team deal coming soon. You can pre-order it.

Team deal will include 12 players (6 dwarves with 3 different models, four hobgoblins with two different models, and two different centaurs) Complete team will be aviable for 60 euros.

Dwarves pack 16€ (including the three models)

Hobgoblins pack 10€ (including the two models)

Centaur pack 15€ (including the two different centaurs)

Collector's pack 40€ (the seven different models)

BLOG GREENDOG FIGURINES

Our blog:

Reason: ''

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: GreenDog Figurines - Bermisch Dwarfs

Post by bouncergriim »

I really like the dwarves, not so sure about the centaurs and hobs though. But definitely a different take on the centaurs and hobs.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Look good, particularly the centaurs and hobgobs.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I like! And no silly Big Hats! :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

I am interested in a set of these minis. They look great.

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

They are superb.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: GreenDog Figurines - Besmirch Dwarves

Post by Pakulkan »

Concept for Besmirch Dwarves was quite clear for me.

In fact, they are "cursed" dwarves that excavated too much in the mountains. They were corrupted not to be a bull (of course!) instead a thing mixed with dragon.

Hobs were the most difficult part. I wanted to got spirit of a "proper" hobgoblin which is related with boggarts, dark elfs in the mithology. Like the ones from Nibelung's ring or something like that. You can imagine them dealing with greedy dwarves till those "poor" dwarves became Besmirch Dwarves...

In my hands, and also reflecting the Chaos Dwarves playbook, hobgoblins are the "brain" of the team. The ones that are really behind all the stuff.

Thank you for your feedback. Soon we will open a pre-order in order to pulse proper interest. that's because we need some feedback about sales to make the casting... It was a pretty risky bussiness for me to design that team far away from original concept. I appreciatte so much that good feedback.

They will be aviable in different tourneys arround Europe and in the NAF WC for sure if you want to save shipping costs.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: GreenDog Figurines - Besmirch Dwarfs

Post by inkpwn »

I like the idea, even though I was really in love with the idea of traditional 1/2 man half hoved mammal (I have seen horse, bull and boar) I think the dragon half works well. The only problems I have is that they don't look like they will balance without a washer and the one stood up looks like he has extra arms and remindes me of the famous water walking jesus lizard.

Aside from me once again being picky I love the gangly skiny hobs and the tatered chain mail is really cool. Plus the biggest thing is that the dwarfs look like a cross between the 2nd ed dwarfs and modern GW chaos warriors. Which makes them jawesome.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: GreenDog Figurines - Besmirch Dwarfs

Post by Pakulkan »

the one stood up looks like he has extra arms and remindes me of the famous water walking jesus lizard
That's because pics don't show properly the 3D positioning. I was thinking in the concept "rampant dragon"...

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Oh I see it now. Sweet, they are definatly on my list, I like them more than the current ones and the previewed grebbo ones, but that's because they have the masks. They really scream CHAOS to me, which the other available ones don't.
(So no one feels offended, to me impact!s are mech dwarfs, gaspez ones are topless so they don't seem AV9 to me and grebbos certainly look fierce but theses ones definatly more chaos esq. Oh and GW's ones are staticy, though I stand by the hats.)

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Some comments about second dwarf mask in Spainsh forum. I think fashion was not properly taken with the published pic. Positioning of that miniature is more offensive that it seemed in the first pic. Here you have a second one. It not was used due to bad definition.

I think here you can see the "skull mask" effect that I was searching for...

BTW, take into account that "rampant centaur" will probably be casted in pieces. I guess you will have so much range of positioning with him...

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

That's only a matter of taste, but I don't really like the hobgoblins. Dwarves are sweet. I already own a painted chaos dwarf team + an unpainted one so I don't think I will order them but they are sweet. My prefered ones are the 2 chaotic centaurs, and in my opinion they would suit well with GW 2nd edition chaos dwarves. Good job!

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Great Dwarves, congrats!
The other minis I'm not so sure if I like 'em, but they are very nice sculpts too.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i think the hobs are great! nice take on them. the dwarves are very nice as well. i like! :D

Rick Sanchez lives!
big_gareth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by big_gareth »

Really like the hobgobs any chance of a couple more variations of them in the near future?