WIP Converted Ogre

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aflo
Veteran
Veteran

WIP Converted Ogre

Post by Aflo »

Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my finished, pre-paint ogre for the human team I've just about finished:

Not great pictures, but I think it shows the work done. I tried to mimick the equipment from the metal human team by GW and I'm quite happy with the result!

The rest of the team is essentially done, just some varnishing to do, painted in a Cincinnati Bengal-esque tiger stripe pattern. I will be selling this team sometime in the near future as was always a plan, so expect some team pics once this big lump of ST5 muscle os painted up :)

Cheers,

Adam

Reason: ''
My commission plog: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36153
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: WIP Converted Ogre

Post by Da Crusha »

ooh I like it, there are not too many converted ogres besides weapon snips on the pitch, looks pretty nice. I like the dynamic feel.

Aflo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Aflo »

Da Crusha wrote:ooh I like it, there are not too many converted ogres besides weapon snips on the pitch, looks pretty nice. I like the dynamic feel.

Thanks. Yeh that's what I was hoping to go for...think this guy's aesthetics alone entitle him to the juggernaut skill :)

And he's painted!

The camera is unforgiving as always but I'm quite happy with how he turned out. Unfortunately my camera's lithium battery decided to die on me after I'd taken the first photo so I couldn't take more shots or take picture of the rest of the squad (which are all finished now to).

The whole team *will* be sold in February to raise funds for my trip to Ecuador, so keep an eye on ebay if you might be interested.

Comments welcome,

Adam

My commission plog: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36153
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Tiger print? That's one sassy ogre, but he looks fabulous! *insert girly will and grace hand gesture*

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Beautiful work on the red/orange transistion and blending and I'm loving the tiger stripes.. what's the team called? (I think you should continue this great work into another 5 ogres and do an ogre team called The Bengal Butchers)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

I wasn't really convinced by your unpainted pictures but, now that I see it painted, I really like it! ;)

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

That is a very nice model and paint job. Good work.

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

I love the paintjob, gratz

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Impressive!
I'm looking into a very similar color patern for my orcs... nice inspiration ;)

(oh and I fully agree with the comment to make some more ogres to do a complete Ogre team! :D )

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Adam Souza
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Adam Souza »

That looks great.

If you have a full team of Ogres this good, your team will be Amazing.

Aflo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Aflo »

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :)

I've named him Big Yan of the Bayernhoff Bengals but he is going to be for sale very soon with the rest of his human (sorry Adam Souza, Aino and Buggrit ;)) team mates - pictures of them soon. The colour scheme was in fact chosen by TFF in this poll too: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31750

One thing worth mentioning too is that the red looks more brown in real life as it's a dark flesh base treated with a very thin glaze of blood red to tie in all the layers and give it more pop.

Cheers!

Adam

Adam Souza
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Adam Souza »

I missed the Human Team reference in the first post. I've had ideas for an Ogre team on the back burner for months. Seeing your Ogre has given me some fresh inspiration on what to do with them.

In the mean time, I look forward to seeing the puny humans that flesh out the rest of your team.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

beautiful job mate, I have a penchant for the Bengals uniform myself so really like what you have done with this

I'll keep an eye on the Ebay auction myself.. 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da Crusha »

WOW that guy looks fantastic! I am amazed at your painting skills. very nice work.

War-Raven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by War-Raven »

He looks incredible. Any chance you could give us a breakdown on what pieces you used and how you went about the conversion. It looks like you used GW plastics but the pose is really dynamic unlike the static posed, weapon snips you would see as a standard.