Jake "The Snake" Plissken

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tommyboy316
Rookie
Rookie

Jake "The Snake" Plissken

Post by Tommyboy316 »

I started work on this fig about 10 years ago; moving, marriage, kids and general lack of knowledge on posting pics have prevented me from putting him on here until now (I hope!). The paint job is not complete- if I ever get the time to start painting again I may start from scratch and use a different color scheme. But, I wanted to share this All-Star Chaos Thrower with the BB community..........hope I post the pics right :-?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Tommyboy316
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Jake "The Snake" Plissken

Post by Tommyboy316 »

Additional pic..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tommyboy316
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tommyboy316 »

One last one.........really an easy conversion- cut off the left hand and replaced it with an Amazon Thrower's left hand w/ ball and then I used the "pony tail" from I think a Dark Eldar plastic fig for his hair and green puttied the eye patch.
Combination of Jake "the Snake" Plummer (ASU/ Cardinals QB; I was living in AZ at the time) and Snake Plissken from Escape from NY.

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Awesome. You should definitely take up painting again. The mini is too cool to be unfinished

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Love it!
Go fo it and give Jake the deserved paint job!
:orc:

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

That's a bit off-topic but I'm interested in buying (or trading) the original Warhammer mini you used for your conversion. If someone gets it and don't want to keep it, I created this topic : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32438&start=0

Sorry for this intrusion. :oops:

slann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by slann »

Cool looking snake man love the name too , takes me back

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Papa -

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not willing to part with him. Still hanging on to the hope that someday I'll find time to enjoy the hobby and game I used to enjoy so much.

*** I have two user id's - created the tommyboy316 id recently when I couldn't log on with tommy316- for some reason, thought with new website that it was lost so create new profile- ANYWAYS, does anyone know how to remove the tommyboy316 profile so I can use my original profile OR does it even matter? Thanks! Sorry for any confusion :oops:

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

tommy316 wrote:Papa -

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not willing to part with him.
I know, I know. I'm looking for everyone else who gets this mini and doesn't want to keep it. I used your post as there's a picture of the mini so everyones knows what mini I'm talking about.

(signed Papa Sebco the alien intruder)