Another Bone Crushed - Ork Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Der_Doodle
Veteran
Veteran

Another Bone Crushed - Ork Team

Post by Der_Doodle »

Hi everyone,

even if my team currently isnt finished yet (and will mostlikely still need alot of days till it is really finished) I thought it cant hurt to post already a few pictures already.

First of all my Team Box. In this Box i can transport my complete team without and troubles and it acts as my Dug Out while playing aswell:

The Box:

And from the Inside:

I started with glueing into both the upper and the lower section a steel plate followed up in the lower part of the box with a slim cork plate where i cut in holes for the players.
And atm as a temporary solution i pinned with some small magnets the slightly modified dugout paper in the top half.
Here i have to do quite abit work still.
Adding grass to the cork in the lower half and i still have to redesign the complete dugout sheet for the upper part.

And with Magnets in each of my miniature bases i can pin my figures into the different dugout places without that they falling down.

Here two more detail pictures of the box.
First the Dugout Sheet with 2 Goblin Cheerleaders as RR Marker / Turn Marker (not yet really painted)

The last modifications i had to make to the box was adding 4 neodyn Magnets (2 each) in the top and bottom half that the box can hold close together when i carry it around in my bagpack.
And second the holder i added on both sides so the dugout box is basicly in an right angle to the ground hanging in the air :)

But now to my team.

Another Bone Crushed

First of all my only finished miniature yet. Snotgut my Troll.

Converted from an old Fantasy Stone Troll with pieces of my Bitzbox to make the shoulder armor and the helmet and a bit of green stuff.

Then next in the Team a set of 4 Black Orcs made from the new Fantasy Boxes:

Here missing are the Shoulderplates still, all detail work and the bases.

Next and usually the stars in every Orc Team are ofcourse a set of 4 Blitzers:

Only painted in basic color with a quick inc that they dont look too terrible. And as you see on the last Blitzer i even removed his old arms and got him new ones.
Still not really that happy with the poses of my blitzers :(
But I kinda lack ideas how to convert them differently right now.

The next step in an Orc team is the Ball handling department:

1 Thrower and 2 Gobbos (The awesome Squig I got here in this forum and I have to say it again and again I LOVE HIM)
Still they are only painted in rough basics.
The Thrower is from an old Metal Warhammer Fantasy Wildork. I think using a Wildork without much Armor fits the AV8 theme compared to the rest of the team pretty well and I really enjoy his pose and I am atm working on a 2nd Thrower but making an arm and a hand from Green Stuff so far failed each time to fit my own standarts even :(

And ofcourse last in the team the players the lack the skills or strength for a real position the Lineorcs.

Again only painted in basics that they dont totally suck on the field.
Old 2nd Edition Orc Models (From left to right) Kicker, Thrower, Catcher.
Most likely one of the 3 have to get kicked out soon if i ever get my 2nd Wildork Thrower finished cause of the limited number of spots in the box to place.

And as a final Picture the team in his box:

Plan to go for the team:
a) Getting all models painted in the way like the Troll
b) adding grass on the bases of the minitatures and on the cork in the box.
c) somehow designing a new Dugout Sheet for the upper half of the Box
d) Getting some miniatures for Wizard / Apothecary / Coach since so far i belive they wont work good without being represented by a miniature.
(atleast so far in the 6 matches of my team i received 4 nasty injuries and none of them got cured by the Apothecary (except a dead Blitzer into a -ST Blitzer)

Greetings
Doodle

Reason: ''
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: Another Bone Crushed - Ork Team

Post by Axtklinge »

Great work!
:D
Both your dugout box and your team are turning out very very cool!
Sure you still have some hours of painting and maybe modeling before its done, but they're turning out very nice!

I like the idea of the turns & re-rolls board "up there", yet I'm not that sure about having the players in the reserves/Ko'd/dead pinned in the wall...
I might have that piece of cardbord (with the reserves/ko'd/dead boxes) to place on the table so the players could stand up, and might add a banner with the logo of the team in its place (in the transport box).
But thats just an idea!

Keep us posted as you go!
Cheers
A.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Love the box and the team is going to look great when finished. I really like the design of the trolls helmet great bit of modelling :)

Der_Doodle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Der_Doodle »

Thanks for the nice answers so far :)
Glad i have not only silent readers :)

@Axtklinge
Yeah Team Name and Team Logo will end in the top box aswell when i have finished the miniatures.

@Athur
Thanks I really Love my Troll in my eyes its the coolest model in my team (and so far indeed the best painted model i made so far...never was a good painter so far)

VonGoldkokse
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VonGoldkokse »

Very cool Minis and Box. Schoen das Du auch hier bist ;)

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by van der vaart »

i like the look of them so far! I also think you shouldnt be too unhappy with the positioning of your blitzers, i think they look pretty good thus far. Especially the third one! I also like the thrower, though he looks quite scared haha

Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

This is great. That troll helmet is definitely mighty blowish. That case rocks.

Thanks for sharing and keep up updated. :)

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
Der_Doodle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Der_Doodle »

Sadly my real life is kinda banging me atm so I dont have time to paint my minis atm :( but I will update this thread when i get the time to pain again.

Doodle

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by van der vaart »

Der_Doodle wrote:Sadly my real life is kinda banging me atm so I dont have time to paint my minis atm :( but I will update this thread when i get the time to pain again.

Doodle
I feel your pain big time!
1500word legal research essay, why do you hate me!?

Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/