WIP digital blood bowl pitch...

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

WIP digital blood bowl pitch...

Post by Ptchnk »

Wanting to print a BB pitch on a rollable plastic mat, i'm working on a high resolution digital file. Here is what i've got for now. Still have to had the logo in the middle (our league logo probably) and the end zones design + some bones and blood splatches. Then i'll have to think about the dugout design.

a low res version of the pitch:

and a high res part of it:

Reason: ''
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: WIP digital blood bowl pitch...

Post by Da Crusha »

its looking pretty good. I recently started a thread about downloadable pitches in General Chat. here is the link if you're looking for some more ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30986&p=549994#p549994

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

Cool, i've come thru the last link you've posted during my search for a high res pitch file online. As i didn't find any, i'm doing my own file...

Also, I'm looking for high res stone tiles pics to do a dwarves/underground pitch for my chaos dwarves i will play next year in my league.

i'll keep you updated on my pitch

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

Heinrich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heinrich »

Very Nice !!!!! :o

Have you got a link in order to download this ?

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

I would suggest that you customize the dugouts to - or risk a C&D letter from GW (using copyrighted material)

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

I steel have to finish the file (Dugouts and Dungeon labels, turn and re-rolls markers, weather and ball dispersion markers)...

... and the files is quite heavy as well (about 50 Mo :o )

I've also made a couple simpler pitches using Powerpoint that i've converted to PDF file (1:1 scale).

a desertic one:

a streetball one:

a classic one:

As i've made a template ppt file for those one, they can be done in any color available... If you have good quality texture and a color scheme yuo'd like to see on them, i can give it a try :D

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Looking good, are you using photoshop? Remember to do your printer files in 300dpi so you get a good quality print.

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

i know i know... this is still a project so far. I used them to have an overview of what the pitch can look like because i just got my hand on GIMP last saturday and i'm not enough familiar with it to creat walls for now (the dugouts have been "reversed" so legally they're not strickly original anymore :wink: )
juergen wrote:I would suggest that you customize the dugouts to - or risk a C&D letter from GW (using copyrighted material)

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

mrbrownesquire wrote:Looking good, are you using photoshop? Remember to do your printer files in 300dpi so you get a good quality print.
Using GIMP 2.0 'cause it's free

I've made 200dpi files... is that not enough? :-?
If not, i'll redo do it. I've made template files for the lines and crosses so it is quite easy to redo the pitch in another resolution.

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Ptchnk wrote:
mrbrownesquire wrote:Looking good, are you using photoshop? Remember to do your printer files in 300dpi so you get a good quality print.
Using GIMP 2.0 'cause it's free

I've made 200dpi files... is that not enough? :-?
If not, i'll redo do it. I've made template files for the lines and crosses so it is quite easy to redo the pitch in another resolution.
They ask for 300 generally, but I expect you could get away with 200. :D

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

As long as the images are nice and crisp at 200dpi it should be ok, but if you are already getting blocky images at 200 dpi, the end result is not going to be good.

Ptchnk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ptchnk »

So... does the partial pic in the first post looks okay to you (despite the jpg compression)?

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Ptchnk wrote:So... does the partial pic in the first post looks okay to you (despite the jpg compression)?

It looks good, lots of detail. You might want to darken the grass if you can to give it a bit more definition.

Do yhou know of any good vinal printers? I have had some bad experiences with printers recently.

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

The first pic is fine, you will just have to resize it. I printed it here and resized to 300 dpi and closer to the correct field size and it printed ok. I would agree, it's a bit bright. I have a digital press where I work so it's a fairly good idea of what you can expect from a print shop.