Neomics: Chaos / Mutant preview

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lennart (Neomics)
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Neomics: Chaos / Chaos Pact preview

Post by Lennart (Neomics) »

Hello everybody,

thanks for all your feedback on the minis. I will discuss all of them with Sylvain if not already taken into account.

Also thanks for your comments on the name:
The name will probably be 'Mutants' indeed. It exactly characterizes the minis.
I personally do not think that CP is a protected or even protectable term. But that is a totally different question that I wouldn't want to discuss here (but hey, if anybody opens a topic here about IP in general I stop by as the hobby lawyer that I am 8) )

Also, as some of you have asked: there will be all kinds of mutant players from well known fantasy races, maybe not at the very first beginning, but at least on top of the roadmap.

You all have a good start into the new year!

Cheers
Lennart

Reason: ''
Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

Lennart (Neomics) wrote: The name will probably be 'Mutants' indeed. It exactly characterizes the minis.
You could try playing up the post apocalypse feel and call them "Wasteland Mutants"

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Hi Lennart - what is the ETA on these guys??

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Wonderful, I'm interested. Love the minis !! :D

Lennart (Neomics)
Rookie
Rookie

Norse wrote:Hi Lennart - what is the ETA on these guys??
Around March I guess.

sylvain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sylvain »

yes yes, I've read the comments during my hollidays and have been taking them in consideration even if I've been too lazy to post so far ;)
shitzzo wrote: To be honest, I don't like the armour parts at this miniatures. The edges are not sharp and that is why they look a bit chunky to me. (straight in comparison to your goblins)
Further the faces of the beastmen are (in my opinion) too cute. Maybe they would look better rough around the edges.

If these points are the WIP-part you spoken to, the offered criticism is sure indiffernt.
I'm a bit surprised by the armor comment and the comparaison with the goblins as with the greens in hand they are just as sharp, maybe it's the rounded shape which give this feeling on the pics?
however it's true that the armor parts aren't perfectly sharp (well, not as sharp as I could do if required anyway), but that was on purpose (as they are on the goblins, and even more on orcs, though it may be too much on them). I wanted them to look as if they were made from metal scrap found in a post apocalyptic world, not very well reworked into armor, and used in many fights (er... matches!). I think it make them more "alive" too...
I'd be intersted to hear what peoples think about armor parts, especialy if they have the orcs and goblins, as it something I've been thinking about with the other figures as well and discussed with NX painter (who liked the orc armor as they are)
would you prefer smooth and sharp armor parts rather than damaged, with paint chipping, etc? (on such evil teams of course, for elves or dwarves sharp is certainly a lot better :smoking: )

bestmen heads: yes, they were meant to be reworked to look more evil ;)
I also agree with the comment of goat heads beeing overdone, and that why I did human heads with horns as another option, as I think it also work better as post-apo mutants (but of course we also wanted traditionnal beastmen heads for the purist ;))
anyway with the multipart system we can make a lot of options so everybody could have a different team (and hopefully something they like!)

looking back at the pics after all the time they don't look very good, next time I'll try to do better pics and give a better feel of the CP thematic, which doesn't really appear here ;)

asperon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by asperon »

Any updates on these?

Cirrus the Blue
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cirrus the Blue »

That tounge blew my mind. :o

- Cirrus

Lennart (Neomics)
Rookie
Rookie

We are in the final stage of sculpting. We had a little delay because we were adding more and more items, heads, arms, bodies, to make the minis even more flexible, allowing unique team setups. But the minis should be going to be molded very soon.

Also at this point I might add that the mutant range is a co-production with http://www.ffstore.it, so Sylvain has even more people after him to finish the sculpts as soon as possible ... :wink:

Cheers
Lennart

asperon
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Neomics: Chaos / Mutant preview

Post by asperon »

Any news?

sylvain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sylvain »

The figures have been with the moldmaker for some time now, but this kind of things takes much time, especialy at this time of the year ;)
I guess it'll be a few more weeks before they can be realesed, but I'm not the one in charge here...

Also their was some delay because I sculpted a lot of extra parts so everyone can have a different team to his own preference.
So far we'll have 4 beastmens bodies, 4 "strong, heavily armored players" and 4 more lighlty armored humans
as you can mix beastmens and humans arms you'll have 8 pairs of arms to choose from for them and of course a few extra arms for mutations (and 4 normal pairs for the stronger players, and extra stuff too, including chainsaw!)

and many, many heads... with beastmen, horned human heads, heads in helmets, punks, etc... and a few mutant heads, I've sculpted 63 different heads!

I can show you a few figures, but not so much for now, so here a just a few combo, I'll post more when I have checked what else I'm allowed to post ;)

ImageImage

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

I love the Saw!

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Really dig the 4th picture with the cool helmet in fact I like the whole lot looking forward to seeing some more later on in the future and also purchasing them.

MyKi

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Just awesome!

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

the saw is fantastic. if i ever need a third chainsaw (!) i know where ill be looking.

did you make a sauron head the last but one picture?