Converted Orc Team (Pic heavy)

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Converted Orc Team (Pic heavy)

Post by Master Wang »

Nothing too original here - 40K & WHFB plastics, painted in red and white :wink:

The Suma Beach Brawlaz took me just over a year to complete. They don't get to play very often so my motivation wasn't that high, plus I don't have as much free time as I used to.

Very happy with:
Thowers, lineorcs and BOBs, distinction between positions, and the overall team-ness

Not so happy with:
Blitzer with wrong kind of shoulder pads and lineman's hornless head, mould lines (I am lazy and forget them all the time), the second picture (think I got the detail setting wrong :-? )

Wish I had had:
More money to spend on plastics, more patience to add patterns to armour, e.g. black and white checks

Future plans:
Cheerleaders, re-do blitzer if I can get the bits, add more gobbo, apothecary, other staff, kill other teams...

Not included here:
Chainsaw star player that I test ran colour scheme on.

Okay, here they are

BLITZERS

BLACK ORC BLOCKERS

LINEORCS

THROWERS

TROLL AND GOBBOS

DA TEAM

Reverse Pics

Reason: ''
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

A nice team and nicely painted, but the mold lines really harm the overall effect.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer I agree with mootaz, need to watch out for mould lines

nice team otherwise though

Volstagg
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Volstagg »

Some nice conversions ( thrower num. 9 is really nice) and nice painting!

Troll not so nice looking for me, I think there are many other better options... But good work anyway. :wink:

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

They look great!
Apart from a few mold lines that could have been cleaned, I like your modeling and paiting a lot!
White + Red isnt the most original colour scheme, but they are very well painted (love how those whites turned out).
Oh, and I wouldnt worry about the shoulder pad.
Its a bit different so what? Its a just another way to tell him apart from the other blitzers...

Cheers
A.

oryxwild
Experienced
Experienced

Post by oryxwild »

I'm loving the troll. Is he a stock mini or a conversion? if he's a conversion, what did you make him out of?

Wonderful looking team.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

it is the blood bowl troll by the looks of it

perhaps some minor conversion with extra armour being added

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

Thanks for the comments.

Troll is one of the WHFB river trolls with the weapon snipped and some green stuff pads. Until he was painted I really didn't like it, especially as my it was first ever attempt at moulding things like shoulder pads and the one on the shoulder didn't go to well, but now I think he's okay. He was selected as the best option available from my local model shop in Osaka.

The mould line aren't nice, but I only notice them in the pics, not when playing. I don't know why there are so many. I think I started cleaning them off, then got excited, started gluing the bits together and forgot to finish them. I'll really try to not do that on the next team.

Next will be plastic humans from the box. I painted one the other day and really enjoyed it - so simple. Hopefully I can knock out the whole team by the end of the summer before moving on to something more difficult - I have full 2nd edition dwarfs, elves and skaven waiting in the cupboard.

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

I really like the team and didn't notice the mold lines until someone said something.
Master Wang wrote:Next will be plastic humans from the box. I painted one the other day and really enjoyed it - so simple.
Good luck with the humans; it is currently the team I'm painting and they are proving quite a challenge between the mold lines and the lack of detail (Its hard to tell where arms stop and shoulder pads begin.)

pyttroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pyttroll »

Very nice and clean job, love it.

Pyt

Most sporting - Golden Sweetbun 2009
one_second_of_insanity
Veteran
Veteran

Post by one_second_of_insanity »

Nice work

http://www.brawlbb.com (The BIGGEST Blood Bowl League in the Southern Hemisphere)
Winner Sandgroper Cup 4
Punkpogoer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Punkpogoer »

I've always had trouble with white and yours looks great. What is your process?

nurglerot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by nurglerot »

Wow, what a nice-looking team. I really like the color scheme and the Black Orc Blockers, they look frightening :)

Agree on the white parts, they look excellent!

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

Thanks for more good comments guys :D

The whites were, I think, as follows:

GW Chaos Black undercoat (whole model)
GW Foundation Light Grey (can't remember it's silly name at the moment)
Babab Black wash in the creases
Tidy up with same grey
Then a series of mixes (3 or 4) adding Skull White to the grey
Finally several coats of slightly waterdown Skull White to get a brilliant white finish.

I've never been any good at blending and always layer my highlights, the main thing is patience.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

a very neat looking team - agree with earlier remarks on mould lines, but though I have seen other red and white Orc teams, yours is very nicely executed.. you could probably have had a bit more fun with converting, especially the gobbos and trolls now that there are decent plastics for both out there..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers