Ashbane Vendettas - Converted Dark Elves

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Ashbane Vendettas - Converted Dark Elves

Post by Shteve0 »

Hey guys! Not sure if it's irritating or endearing for a newbie to show off his rather mediocre converting "skills" so soon after joining, but I'm going to do it anyway :D . These are pretty bad photos, I agree, and I'll improve on them in the future, for sure.

For now, though... what do you think? Dwarf team in a developed stage of Wip to follow in the future :)

Right, the Linemen

The Blitzers

A Thrower (I know, I know)

A couple of Witch Elves

Some Runners, my personal favourites

And a WiP Assassin (needs a lot of work, but it's early days yet)

What do you reckon?

Reason: ''
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I like them...alot

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Wow! They are cool indeed, are they GW's new Dark Elves? They look boss, especially that middle lineman in the 2nd photo.

All of them look great.

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I think they are dark eldar with corsair heads

I made mine using the corsairs and warriors, post is further down the page

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Dark eldar torsos and legs, many old school eldar plastic arms, and heads from corsairs and daemonettes. And some kroot heads and legs for the runners... whatever I could lay my hands on from back in the day, and a few bits from gaming friends back in Exeter helped a lot :D

Thrilled you guys like them - I saw your post earlier today Grumbledook, love the figs - great minds, and all that!

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

runners

Post by ceetee »

Nice work!

I'm trying to get some of my Darkies converted in time for the BBGT. One of the poses I have in mind for a blitzer is uncannily like your runner on the left. Were you similarly inspired by this pic?Image

Don't know if that worked.

CT

ct
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good god, no. I've never seen that before in my life - any similarity is purely coincidental.

The look I was going for with my runners was one of imminent impact - not necessarily with the ball. I see them as pacy hunters chasing down the ball carrier, and wanted the figures to reflect that. But then, I'm yet to use them in a game, so we'll see how that works out.

Given your obvious propensity for football related hypnosis, however, would I be right to assume you were inspired by this? ;)

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

:D
You've got the look very well, they both do look as if they're about to collide with something. I guess i just don't have the imagination - i often look at american football pics to get iedas for poses.

When will your figs be complete?

ct
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Finished? Like, models complete, scrubbed and painted, and all that? God only knows, I haven't yet got my paints back from my parents attic, a couple of hundred miles away... and they havene't been opened (as far as I'm aware) in about 10 years, I dread to think what state they'll be in, if indeed any of them are still usable. We'll see.

Here's some better picks of the special players, if they help in any way. I'm generally happier with one of each type over the other - the blitzer with the taller helmet, the runner with the kroot legs... but luckily I doubt the fragility of these guys on the pitch will ever allow me to field a complete set, so I figure I can leave out the less successful models ;)

...IF, as you say, I ever complete them and get them on to a pitch in the first place.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

I like these convertions a lot.
Congrats!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Well, it's been a very long time, and I've made a couple of changes along the way, but here are the minis a bit further along. Need to work out how and with what I'll base these, but fairly pleased with how tehy're turning out. Hope you like!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
CMDante
Experienced
Experienced

Post by CMDante »

Good stuff mate, some really nice conversions to make a nice, dynamic DE team.

The one thing I would say is a couple of the linemen look a bit static given that they all have 2 feet flat on the ground, a little variety in the posing of the legs would be cool.

What do you have planed for basing?

@ ceetee - I don't think Troy Polamalu has ever been so headache inducing as that picture makes him!

My eyes......... :o

Cheers,

Dante

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Wow! They really are starting to look one nasty, mean, evil team right now. Can't wait to see them finished.

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Dante
Thanks mate, my first conversions! I didn't mess around with the legs on any of the figs other than the runners, but I can kind of see what you mean. Do you think it's a major issue? What were your thoughts on how to adjust them?

For basing, I'll be honest, I had thought dried dill. Paint them black around the outside, then mix some brown paint with some PVA or white glue, then glue some dill to the top. It's a high risk, low cost, loooow reward venture :lol:

GreyKnight
You could be waiting some time, fella. Aside from basing, I don't kow where to go next with these, if anywhere! I don't have many more minis left to paint (maybe... three figs, plus my high elf conversions), so I can't see that my level of artistry will improve enough to hold off sealing these....

Any thoughts?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co