fg's WIP shadowforge human team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fatgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

fg's WIP shadowforge human team

Post by fatgoblin »

Hello everyone! I thought I should mention what my blood bowl plans are. For starters, we did start a blood bowl league in my local gaming group over a year ago but it died a quiet death after a few games.

But suddenly I have the urge to start it out again. Back then, we were sort of starting out so we were fielding unpainted figures as well. But as the slowest painter in the group, I decided I'm going to finish painting my team before I start asking for people to join up and start it again!

The team I started out with was the Shadowforge female human team. I managed to paint the 5 linewomen before interest died. So many months later, now I have to finish painting the rest of the team.

Here is a pic of how they look at the moment,

I also have a complete set of the human sideline figures, except for one of the cheerleaders which I stole to paint up as a zombie hunter! This was before shadowforge decided to pack the figures in groups... I thought I could easily get a replacement :( oh well.... (if you want to take a look, go here)

The game board was home made back then and I made it with 1 inch squares. If I have the time, I will remake it to 30mm instead...

I'll keep you folks updated as things get done! Don't hold your breath though, its going to take awhile!

Reason: ''
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

So far so good Fatgoblin. And I love the Zombie Hunter cheerleader btw. Very cool!

http://www.impactminiatures.com
fatgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatgoblin »

thanks! :)

asperon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by asperon »

And i love all your work with the zombies, esp the hasslefree ones, but you allready knew that. Welcome to TBB btw.

Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

Looks cool from what I can see. Is that blacklining you are doing over the white primer? When you get more done some close ups would be nice too.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

very nice, indeed :D keep at it!

Rick Sanchez lives!
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

they'll do nicely i love the shadow forge teams my only problem is with this one as their helmets look a little like lego motorcycle helmets.

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

It's the only think I don't like about the shadow forge figs... the helmets cover the face. It makes more sense in the terms of protection but for the beauty of the miniature I would prefer to be able to have the faces showing. I've been tempted to cut off the heads and replace them with others. It's not going to happen but have thought about it. Otherwise I find the shadowforge mini line excellent. Great sculpts.

fatgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatgoblin »

thanks for the encouragement! :) The first batch should be done soon, the 4 blitzers. When they are finished, I'll take some closeups.

As for the figures, what I usually do is prime my figures white then given them a black wash, which is what you are seeing in the picture.

re:shadowforge, I agree with with what you are saying, I like to be able to see the faces. but its a small complaint for me. I still like the sculpts very much! I suppose thats why I think the orcs are the nicest team Neil has done! The facial expressions are tip top. I am very much looking forward to the new team he is doing at the moment. I wonder what it is? I'm hoping cute stumpy dwarves!

fatgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatgoblin »

Ok, here they are, the 4 blitzers done.
click here for a slightly larger pic

And here is a close up of the 5 linewomen I did way back. It was also the site of a varnish disaster so its a bit crappy.
click here for a slightly larger pic

Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

I love this team. The skin tones, the hair, the black and red uniforms. Everything is nice about this team.

Very well done.

Migi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Migi »

Wau ! :o

Great Job ! How did you the Numbers on the Bases ?

fatgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatgoblin »

thanks! :D

The numbers were sculpted on with greenstuff. Not the best idea... Very time consuming. I doubt I would ever do it again...

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

that is one great looking team! Would be a pleasure to play against

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
mlindsay2706
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mlindsay2706 »

Great! Looks sweet, ive started to use some pf those figs, they do look good. You’ve done a great job there!

[size=67]And death climbs up the steps one by one,
To give you the rose that's been burnt by her sun

Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own
Walk me to the graveyard
<b>Dig up her bones</b>[/size]