Dark elves

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Dark elves

Post by Eggball »

Hi everyone! This is my first post after plenty of lurking. The main reason these elves are notable is not because of the paint job (I am only an average painter). No, it's because they are the first team I have ever managed to paint in its entirety. And it's not like I haven't had the time as I've been playing off and on since 2nd ed. Usually, I'd paint a few figs completely and then get bored while the rest of the team sat around looking half-dressed in their base-coats. Another reason I'm putting these up here is that I always enjoy seeing what other people have done with colour schemes, etc., regardless of the quality of the painting.

Thrower:

Witches:

Blitzers:

Linelf:

Assassin:

Reason: ''
Sallacious
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sallacious »

they look great. And it's so much better to play with a fully painted team. gratz on that acheivement.... and it is an acheivement!

Thunderbowl (Surrey, BC)

Nuffle... stop #%@*ing with me!
Apprentice Blasphemer
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I like the black/pink colorscheme. That poison blade guy got a little pink for my taste but I do like yout team. I think you should paint another and post them here too. :D

Have fun!
Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

Thanks! And I am actually nearly finished painting a Norse team (using Chaos marauders and a Yhetee) which I'll put up as well.

Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

Nice to see you post something ike....

It's fantastic looking team on the pitch and I'm very happy that I don't have to deal with a ag5 blizter anymore.

Looking foward to seeing some of your painted norse in the weeks to come.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Awesome work!

This one's my favorite, although I agree with Snew that there's a bit too much pink. Maybe if the blades were metal....alas I digress. Great work :D

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

I agree with Mel that #6 turned out the best. I did it up in one night after the rest of team was finished. Which leads me to wonder if it might be better AND more efficient to paint a team one figure at a time rather than assembly line-style which is my current method.

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

good looking team, always like the blue skinned dark elves.

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Oxinotl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxinotl »

Awesome! I add my vote to the "too-pink" discussion. Making the blades metal would complete the model in my oppinion.

Regardless of this, great looking team, good colours and congrats to the achievement. (still working on my first team hehe...)
Posting progress pics actually help putting some pressure on me, don´t know if it would work for you, but you should try to do it with your norse.

Good luck on the pitch!

/Ox
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

What's your method with the skin?

Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

For the skin, I started with Ultramarine Blue and then added three or four layers with increasing amounts of white paint. I now realize I could have saved myself a heap of trouble by just using Ice Blue for the skin...

Not that I should be giving out painting advice by any means: it wasn't that long ago that Urb clued me in to the fact that paint needs to be thinned down with water! Before, I was slapping paint on straight from the jar. Yikes!

And I think you guys do have a point about too much pink -- I will probably change the blades on the blitzer to a metal colour.

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Good thing you stopped lurking!

It's a very nice looking team you've got yourself there. I'm a big fan of the black/ pink colour scheme and was tempted for a while to paint my own dark elves that way.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Great colour scheme! I think that they turned out extremely well. And welcome to the forum.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

I like them. Could you provide us with a team shot please?

fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Eggball wrote:For the skin, I started with Ultramarine Blue and then added three or four layers with increasing amounts of white paint. I now realize I could have saved myself a heap of trouble by just using Ice Blue for the skin...
Thanks! I've always found that if I use ice blue the skin looks too blue and cold. But it doesn't on your pictures I guess it's really depending on the other colours you use with it. :) The Pink helps balance it a lot. :lol: