fat finger guide to pinning

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Khaine
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

fat finger guide to pinning

Post by Khaine »

I need a guide to help pin an extremely thin piece that broke on delivery. It's an elven leg and supports most of the weight of the model in a dramatic pose... Any help would be appreciated

Reason: ''
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Is it the 2nd edition elf kicker?

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Khaine
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khaine »

Bows head in shame <it's the shadowforge catcher who's jumpibng mid flight trailing the ribbon.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

If it broke in delivery I would call Shadowforge and ask for a replacement. If not a big deal I would pin the two pieces together, and then I would greenstuff around the ribbon (maybe make into a rock or something) to further support it.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

There's really only one way I know of.

1) file both halves flat. This gives you a good face to drill even if it is small and allows the superglue a good surface to bond to.

2) mark where you want to drill with a pointy file or your x-acto knife. Poke it in there good so your drill doesn't walk on you.

3) drill your hole slow and as straight as you can get it. SLOW is good.

4) pin and glue. Let dry well

5) dress the mend with your file. Greenstuff should be unnecessary.

You should have a pretty strong repair now.

Good luck.

Have fun!
Khaine
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khaine »

They offered a return shipping the company I went through in the us that's doing distro but at my cost for shipping etc so I just threw everything on a shelf disgusted and am now working on ghetting everything repaired painter etc. :) thanks for tips :)

KLK

Post by KLK »

I had a similar problem, but with the elf nurse. a little bit of epoxy, and some super glue works to me, so, if you can use real green stuff and citadel glue, your fix will be perfect.

Frozenflame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frozenflame »

in the Black gobbo (last edition), there's this thing on hot-puttying or something(look for the mordor troll). If the leg is badly damaged, maybe you can file it so that it would be flat (this would take lotsa metal off) and pin it, leaving a gap that would be filled with putty. Just when it's in the middle of the drying process, apply a bit of superglue there to make it harder and more durable than putty.