Orcs w/ Brown Skin

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

honeycomb kid
Experienced
Experienced

Orcs w/ Brown Skin

Post by honeycomb kid »

I think I'm gonna paint my upcoming orc team with brown skin instead of the usual green. Anybody got any tips with paint colour selection for shading/highlighting or links to pics? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks all.

Reason: ''
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I have been painting a mino with brown skin, though I'm not a great painter or anything, but I used a base of Dark Flesh and highlighted with Tanned Flesh. Seems to look ok. (try it out and see if you like it, or even better, wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to give you advice...Del, Woody??)

GO STAMPEDERS!
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

brown skin easy....
paint dark brown first coat - scorched brown. then apply a medium thin coat of a normal brown colour - graveyard earth or bestail brown. now harder part to highlight gradual about 4 times with progressive lightter mix of brown with a bit of white. Dont forget flesh tones vary from dark areas to very white areas.

If skilled painter try bit of flesh colour and yellow in mix at all stages. will give more realistic LOTR type flesh, and yellow will give nice colour not a dull looking skaven tone

...the pope said to his aid...
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

I went to a GW lately, and the staff there was begining to paint warhammer orcs like LotR orcs in olive green. Now this. :lol:
Ok, since LotR are taking the attention of all the kids, it's ok whatever they paint their orcs like in the movies .. i guess ..

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
MistWraith
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MistWraith »

Warhammer orcs come in many shades of green. From the light almost yellow green to a green so dark it is almost black. As a general rule the darker green your orcs the bigger and stronger they are. But, this varies some what with thribe and region.

So olive green orcs are perfectly valid.

Oh, and Tolkins orcs were not green, but the more traditional dark skined. So brown orcs would fall into that tradition, although it is not unknown for orcs to paint their skin other colors than green. But, it is usualy blue or red that they perfer.

Blood Bowl is WFB Football, not Football with a bit of generic fantasy garbage thrown in!
ben

Post by ben »

Brown skinned Orcs? What a stupid idea. Do you paint humies purple? Sheesh people sometimes.

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

its a good idea, I don't know if it will look good but if you chose a nice colour of brown I think it wil be very nice !
And I think it isn't stupid at all to think of new skin colours, to make your team a bit else then all the others.
it is better as just painting the exact same colours as gw uses.
8) 8) 8)

~ Djengis Khan ~

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Munkey

Post by Munkey »

Nothing wrong with a bit of originality, otherwise we'd all be playing as the Orcland Raiders.

BTW, I did once have a chaos human team with purple skin :D

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

ben wrote:Brown skinned Orcs? What a stupid idea. Do you paint humies purple? Sheesh people sometimes.
Well, orcs play like $hit afterall ;)

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I love Orcs with differen't colored skin. I've seen great looking red orcs and even a set of blue Orcs. Those weren't my cup of tea but I appreciated seeing them just so I was sure. :wink:

They're fantasy minis, their skin can be any color you want. Have fun with it.

Have fun!
PowerTurtle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by PowerTurtle »

ben wrote:Brown skinned Orcs? What a stupid idea. Do you paint humies purple? Sheesh people sometimes.
I hope that was meant to be ironic... how rude to comment on someone's idea like that... I wish I would dare to paint my orcs anything other than green! Just GFI honeycomb kid!

I haven't lost my mind, I know exactly where I left it!
-------
Nuffle sucks!!

Apprentice Blasphemer
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
honeycomb kid
Experienced
Experienced

Post by honeycomb kid »

It's just Ben. The salsa dancing BBer. He's just mad cuz my orcs are gonna kick his ass for painting at the next tourney. That combined with the fact that he's beat me twice out of the probably 15-20 games we've had.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

That would definitely do it. :D

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Pippin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pippin »

Brown skinned Orcs? What a stupid idea. Do you paint humies purple? Sheesh people sometimes.
Brown/black is the original coller for orcs. I dont know who made thme green?

Pippin

Chairman if Bree - The Tolkien society of Copenhagen www.bree.dk
Author of the book: Quentasta - A Danish Tolkienbibliography www.pegasi.dk
Se my halflingpitch at http://www.pippin.dk/html/bloodbowl.html
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

pics?

Mainstreaming is a illness.