Advice?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sineater40k
Experienced
Experienced

Advice?

Post by sineater40k »

I have decided to get at least one complete team (16 man/orc/skaven/etc.) for each of the races. I figure even though i may never play them, its fun painting em and would be good if i can find enough people to start a league.

So my recent additions are a pro elf team, yet another chaos team, and a chaos dwarf team.

I know very little about the CDs as i have never played them before, what would you suggest for the hobgoblin skin color?

Do the hobbies have the same color as orcs and goblins, or should it be lighter/darker gree, or more of a brownish green?

Thanks

Reason: ''
Custom Pitch designs at
the Pitch Witch http://www.geocities.com/pitch_witch/
ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Green.

Be sure to cut off those gawd-awful hats though.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I think you can be different with these. Lord maggoth painted his CD's with a pale skin colour and it worked well. The green he saved for the colour of the team. I have tried the same as you. I am short of CD's, Gobbos, Ogres, Necromantic and Vampire. Curse all these new teams! But I still have to paint Ratscum and Pro Elves before I buy any more. Necromantic and Cd's will be my next buys. I am also working on my new DE team.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
sineater40k
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sineater40k »

What i am working on right now gets real tossed up depending on the mood i am in. Nearly halfway done with a entirely 2nd ed skaven team. Got more than the 16 figs i need so i have to sort out and see who would work well with what postion. I have 2 of the metal chaos teams, and a team i built out of plastic beastmen and muarders. A thought i had is paint the metal beastment a nice neutral color and use them between teams to fill extra slots. I tossed the chaos warriors from the boxset in the spares box though. I wanted a more interesting team, so i used some 2nd ed ogres and the like to fill the CW slots.

the Pro elves are gonna have to sit and wait their turn, as well as the old metal humans, norse, and various other figs. I have a undead team done for the most part but need to find somethign to use for wraiths. I liek the GW metal team, but wanted my team to look a bit different, so i went with various GW figs.

i have a bunch of the old dugeon bowl elves and dwarves, as well as the old plastic humans and orc. Not sure where these are going just yet, likely used to field extra slots or conversions.

Custom Pitch designs at
the Pitch Witch http://www.geocities.com/pitch_witch/
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I forgot I also still have half a khemri team and a plastic Human team to paint! I put together a Marauder Chaos team that did well and my current strongest team is my Crocodilian team from the Karnacs Regiment of Reknown figures. They will soon be on the site once I get my digital camera.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I am working on a similur goal, I want maxed out rosters for every team painted. So I want all the models I would ever need even 12 linemen. So far got almost all the teams but have a long way to go with the painting. Some of the teams aren't GW so If I were to take them to a tournament I supose I would need to get yet another team.

As for the CDs Leave tehir hats alone :evil:
I have seen some Hobos painted orange. :o It was part of a Nuclear themed team, and they actually looked pretty cool. I would go for a very pale blue myself.

ImageImage
ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Xtreme wrote:As for the CDs Leave tehir hats alone :evil:
If you mean leave them alone as in hack them off while cackling gleefully, then you are right.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

When GW come around to redoing CD's, those hats must go! The lizrdmen that make up my "skink" linemen are not GW figs, so they would not be allowed in a tourney either.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

I did my hobgoblins with orange skin, a la the Spider-Man villain

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Melifaxis wrote:I did my hobgoblins with orange skin, a la the Spider-Man villain
Wasn't he the Green Goblin? :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
BlanchPrez
Legend
Legend

Post by BlanchPrez »

Deathwing wrote:
Melifaxis wrote:I did my hobgoblins with orange skin, a la the Spider-Man villain
Wasn't he the Green Goblin? :P
No, I think he ment the Hobgoblin, who was a Green Goblin knock-off. He wore orange.

Chris

At times like these I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "... I drank what?"
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Indeed he did :D

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
BunnyPuncher
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BunnyPuncher »

could never figure out why the green goblin was more popular.. the hobgoblin looked way cooler...

Elf Mangling Union (EMU)
Founder and President
Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Majortusk »

I enjoyed Demogoblin :)

Andy Welton
[url=http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com]Blood Bowl Central[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ah right...vague recollections now..been a long time. Who was that Octopus type dude with all the metal arms/tentacles?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."