New halflings versus old halflings

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

New halflings versus old halflings

Post by valedictor »

I have only got 6 2nd edition halflings, and trying to acquire half a dozen more is proving to be costly and difficult. The alternative is ordering 1 of each of the later edition figures, but I was wondering how visually compatible they are to their older counterparts?

Are the newer versions proportionally bigger? I don't mind a slight difference as obviously no two halflings are gonna be identical.

I can't seem to find any pics showing the reverse sides of the newer figures; do they have anything like discs (for painting numbers on) on their backs? My orc teams have a mix of 2nd ed. and later edition models, and it's kinda annoying that the newer orcs have those discs on their backs, while the 2nd ed. guys have to make do with numbers painted on their shoulders. I would like to avoid a similar visual difference with the halflings.

From the front, the newer figs look fairly compatible, especially numbers 1, 3 and 5, so I'm hoping that they will complete my roster quite nicely.

Cheers, John 8)

Reason: ''
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

I think the new ones are a lot bigger.

Maybe I can dig up some 2nd ed. ones for trade, I'll have a look (it's anyones call).

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

You can greenstuff some discs pretty easily :D

I think the scale is about the same, but I haven't looked at any 3e flings in quite some time to know about the discs.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by valedictor »

MickeX wrote:I think the new ones are a lot bigger.

Maybe I can dig up some 2nd ed. ones for trade, I'll have a look (it's anyones call).

If you can find any, that would be fantastic, cheers :D