GW Paint Pots

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Damn, no Fire Dragon Crimson... :cry:

Thx Indi!

R

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Flumox Fleebiter
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Flumox Fleebiter »

I've got Ral Partha paints that are 18 years old and still good but I'm on my third jar of GW Golbin Green in two years!

Vallejo's are the best though. I too am only buying those now when i need new colors.

Although, I actually use some of the $0.50 large craft acrylic paints from Palmers and Ceramacoat for a lot of base colors (white, black, greys, some reds and browns/tans). They work very well, very cheap, and mix well with vallejo and GW.

My only complaint with Vallejo is that the don't dry brush well at all, they're too liquidous (if that's a word?).

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:Woody, I might be interested in picking up some Coatd'arms stuff.. I really miss the old Fire Dragon Crimson.. or tongue colour as I call it.. :wink:

any idea about online suppliers?
Given that my local store sells them, no I didn't. Heard of Google dude? :roll:

However, after wasting a few seconds running an obviously difficult search... :P
http://www.gladiatorgames.co.uk/coat_d'arms_paints.htm

No Fire Dragon Crimson listed that I can see, but the GW equivalent list is pretty useful.

Brockhurst stock them in the US at $2.25 each:
http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/
(Frameset, go ->Hobby Supplies -> Paints)

Out of interest, paint review here:
http://www.jenova.dk/PaintReview.htm

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

well, one link to Artemis Black's would have saved me having to look through 3 different pages wouldn't it?? :wink:

besides, I tried Google recently for the word "Dyke" and it gave me this:

recently left Lustria and not expected to return any-time soon as also missing means of tele-communication.. :P

:roll:

anyway, thx, I'll buy from Artemis the next time I'm running low on paints methinks... a lot of guys rate Vallejo highly, but I'll stick to what I know!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Norse wrote:

Why? :P

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:

recently left Lustria and not expected to return any-time soon as also missing means of tele-communication.. :P

:roll:
That's not even close to being funny. :evil:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

:lol:

we'll have to agree to differ on that my Ogre buddy!

:wink:

although I still feel your pain dude... :cry:

Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Majortusk »

those were some great links, i will have to see if i can place an overseas order for some coat'd arms :)

also on the subject of licking brushes, I do it all the time... the annoying part is when I am painting and I accidently wash my brush in my Mountian Dew :P

Andy Welton
[url=http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com]Blood Bowl Central[/url]
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

When my dad sold his house, he found an old wooden box in the basement. I was very delighted to find remnants of my 2nd edition teams and monster/creature paint set range in there! Can you imagine, Worm Purple, Swamp Brown, Ghoul Grey (and yes, Fire Dragon Crimson)... And their consistency is nothing but perfect still, must have been 12 years since i first got them. Brings back some old memories...

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Count Zappa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Count Zappa »

Majortusk wrote:The newest style is a step in the right direction though, they now have flip top lids. havent seen them dry out though, not holding my breath though.
I like the latest GW paint pots, they're really easy to work with... but I'm also worried they're going to dry out like the set they replaced.

That '98 launch was ridiculous. I remember when I saw those paints. I told the guys at GW that twist tops in that kind of plastic would be a disaster. I was assured they were the best paints and best paint pots GW ever released. Of course, that's the standard line.

I heard the same thing in '95 when the paints were revamped. But at least those pots were so air tight that the contents are still good today.

The pots from the early '90s were fine and didn't need to be replaced. But then, how does GW make money when they sell you a few pots that last more than a decade?

And that's what it's about. Money. Over the years, we've paid more for less.

In the early '90s, the paint pots held 20 ml and didn't dry out. In '95, we got a price increase for pots that held 17.5 ml and didn't dry out. In '98, we got a price increase for pots that held 12 ml and dried out pretty fast. Jury's out on these new paint pots. But again, more $$$ for 12 ml.

With a re-roll, it's like a four-dice block!
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Are you talking about the new new paint pots? The recently replaced ones were awful for drying up. The originals never did. What are the latest ones like?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]